Old February 25th 04, 05:04 PM
Maximus

Default CRAP

Windstorm took down one of the trunks of the sick old ash tree and one wire
of my antenna system S.
It is rolled up and secured to the tv mast until I can repair the system.
WInd blew stuff off the deck, and blew the rollup awning off the hooks. High
Wind Warning in the area this morning (duh).

Puget Sound region east of Seattle.
Il Dolce Far Niente

Old February 26th 04, 08:57 AM
Tom Sevart

"Maximus" wrote in message
ink.net...
Windstorm took down one of the trunks of the sick old ash tree and one

wire
of my antenna system S.
It is rolled up and secured to the tv mast until I can repair the system.
WInd blew stuff off the deck, and blew the rollup awning off the hooks.

High
Wind Warning in the area this morning (duh).

Sorry to hear that. The two things I hate most when it comes to weather are
wind & lightning.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS

Old February 27th 04, 12:02 AM
Maximus

I actually enjoy them both, and I really don't mind clambering around
working on my antenna, but I am not sure what changes will do to my
reception.

I decided to put the wire in question into a maple leaf sycamore. That
accomplished, I have one segment going in a westerly direction (do not have
compass), two in a southeasterly direction, and another runs easterly and
then vertically into the tall fir tree.

I think if the new proerty owner doesn't mind, what I will do is use my
slingshot to get a wire as high up the fir as possible and hopefully go over
a strong limb and then back the ground. Then I can make a loop out of it and
run it fromthe insulator in the tree trunk over to the receiver. Dunno if
that will do better than the three horizontal segments or not.

Strength and Honor
"Tom Sevart" wrote in message

ink.net...