Old February 26th 04, 10:56 PM
Maximus

Default Propogation

Seems to have done a belly flop again. I was listening to R. Vlaanderen and
they had a fine signal, but within minutes it was all but inaudible ...

Strength and Honor

Old February 26th 04, 11:07 PM
Maximus

Yeah, that would do it LOL.

Strength and Honor
"helmsman" wrote in message
"Maximus" wrote:

Seems to have done a belly flop again. I was listening to R. Vlaanderen

and
they had a fine signal, but within minutes it was all but inaudible ...

Strength and Honor

:Product: Geophysical Alert Message wwv.txt
:Issued: 2004 Feb 26 2103 UTC
# Prepared by the US Dept. of Commerce, NOAA, Space Environment Center
#
# Geophysical Alert Message
#
Solar-terrestrial indices for 26 February follow.
Solar flux 121 and estimated mid-latitude A-Index 4.
The mid-latitude K-index at 2100 UTC on 26 February was 1 (8 nT).

Space weather for the past 24 hours has been strong.
Radio blackouts reaching the R3 level occurred.

Space weather for the next 24 hours is expected to be minor.
Radio blackouts reaching the R1 level are expected.

Old February 26th 04, 11:54 PM
Ron Hardin

4XZ (Israel) on 10045 is strong in Central Ohio

I've taken to leaving them on the background because I like the
sound of 5-letter code groups.

They're not up to the standards of the backwave on the old OLU
on 21000 but not bad to listen to, if you like morse.
--
Ron Hardin

Old February 27th 04, 05:08 AM
WShoots1

Geophysical Alert Message

Translated means that big sun spot may be affecting reception a bit. It tried
to do worse. See:

http://www.spaceweather.com/

Bill, K5BY