Old February 29th 04, 01:21 AM
B Banton

Default Buy new tabletop from who?

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 00:25:51 GMT, "Dennis J Brown"
wrote:

I would like to buy a good table top radio. Who are some of the retailers
and discounters?

First you need a good table. Anti static.
Old February 29th 04, 01:43 AM
Diverd4777

wrote:

I would like to buy a good table top radio. Who are some of the retailers
and discounters?

First you need a good table. Anti static.

Ikea !

http://www.ikea-usa.com/

Using one of their tables as we speak...

( & Not One Serious "Knock Down " Shock from it in years . . )

Old February 29th 04, 01:59 AM
Ken Wilson

Dennis,

I would buy a used receiver from some of the guys here or on one of the swap
sites.

www.qth.com
www.eham.net

Sometimes but not often you can find a buy on epay.

JMHO

73, Ken

Old February 29th 04, 02:05 AM
Diverd4777

In article , B Banton

From: B Banton
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:21:21 GMT

wrote:

I would like to buy a good table top radio. Who are some of the retailers
and discounters?

First you need a good table. Anti static.

OK, Assuming an anti static table, House, Electricity, no imminent threat of
Burglary & all

- Check here..

http://www.universal-radio.com/

Old February 29th 04, 02:46 AM
Diverd4777

In article jka0c.78810$Xp.360597@attbi_s54, "Dennis J Brown"
writes:

I would like to buy a good table top radio. Who are some of the retailers
and discounters?

Check these two out....

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0800.html

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0175.html

Old February 29th 04, 03:43 AM
Brian Denley

Also checkout: http://www.grove-ent.com/order.html

--
Brian Denley

Old February 29th 04, 06:04 AM
Gray Shockley

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 18:25:51 -0600, Dennis J Brown wrote
(in message jka0c.78810$Xp.360597@attbi_s54):

I would like to buy a good table top radio. Who are some of the retailers
and discounters?

Uh, do you mean a "non-portable" shortwave or ?????

/gray/

Old February 29th 04, 07:29 PM
Peter

Try www.radioworld.ca

They are in Canada so you pay in Canadian$. sometimes cheaper.
I bought my Drake R8B there and I am very satisfied.

Old February 29th 04, 09:44 PM
King Pineapple

"Dennis J Brown" wrote in message
I would like to buy a good table top radio. Who are some of the retailers
and discounters?

If you're gonna get a Drake R8B, I would recommend getting it directly from
Drake's factory.

Craig, WPE1HNS
Meredith, NH USA

Drake R8B/Alpha Delta DX Sloper
Sony SW-77
Sony ICF-2010
2 x Phillips/Magnavox D2935
Uniden CR-2021
Knight Kit Star Roamer (permanently tuned to Turkey on 9460)
GE Superadio II/Select-A-Tenna
Delphi Ski-Fi XM/3" Antennae

Tuning since 1963