Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 29th 04, 01:38 AM
{FireArm}

Default New To SWL

Hi im new to SWL, i recently bought a 10 section universal anteanna
(its about 1.35m long) for my Icom IC-R5 although im aware that the R5
isnt a dedicated shortwave reciver i have been picking things up from
india, russia, japan and im quite impressed with the results however
there are a few things that im not sure about.

Someone told me to get even better reception i should try to tie a
peice of copper wire around the top of my antenna and then run the
copper wire up around my window can anyone tell me if this is true?,
also i most commonly have been listening to "The Voice Of Russia World
Service" however i have found that when i try to listen in the day
time i cant pick it up also sometimes its changes frequency for
example the other day i was reciving on 6.160 AM, but then a few days
later it was 7.410 AM, can anyone tell me why this is? im located in
the north east of england if that helps.

All Help Greatly Appreciated
{FireArm}