Old March 1st 04, 01:53 AM
René Schmidt

Default Yaesu FRG-100?

Hi There,

Newbie thinking of purchasing a Yaesu FRG-100 for SW listening. Any
opinions on this radio?

Also, any recomendations on wife-friendly antenas?

TIA!

-Rene
Lafayette, CA
Old March 1st 04, 07:55 PM
Andy Bown

Hi Rene

The FRG-100 is an excellent choice. I've had one for over two years
and I'm really pleased with it. I also have an Icom R71, and for
SWLing the FRoG is every bit as good as the Icom. It's great on SSB
and CW, but I'm mostly a broadcast listener. I don't miss having a
synch really, as it works really well if you tune AM broadcasts in USB
or LSB mode. Although it has no keypad, it's really user-friendly.

Cheers

Andy
Old March 1st 04, 09:43 PM
Stephan Grossklass

"René Schmidt" schrieb:

Hi There,

Newbie thinking of purchasing a Yaesu FRG-100 for SW listening. Any
opinions on this radio?

AFAIK: Very good for SSB, earlier versions had bad AM filters. These
were improved l8r (FRG-100B I think?). Keypad only as a 3rd party
product. May not ship with power supply.
Google Groups and the usual review sites will probably spit out some
more info.

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xCel300A, 512 MiB, 18+80 GB, GF2MX AGP 32 MiB, 110W