Old March 1st 04, 03:12 PM
Ron Hardin

Default DC coaxial power cord?

Who carries 0.65mm ID x 2.75mm OD power cords? (plug on one end and
tinned wire on the other) For a couple of Radio Your Way's, to a
D battery pack.

Buying the wall wart and snipping off the cord seems wasteful.

The wall wart is okay but stops working if the power goes off.
--
Ron Hardin

Old March 1st 04, 07:24 PM
Gray Shockley

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 9:12:52 -0600, Ron Hardin wrote
(in message ):

Who carries 0.65mm ID x 2.75mm OD power cords? (plug on one end and
tinned wire on the other) For a couple of Radio Your Way's, to a
D battery pack.

Buying the wall wart and snipping off the cord seems wasteful.

The wall wart is okay but stops working if the power goes off.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...y%5Fname=CT L
G%5F009%5F001%5F001%5F004&product%5Fid=273%2D1742

That's the RadioShack part number: 273-1742.

Two-prong on one end; tinned leads on the other.

I //think// that I was given a choice of the "adaptaplugs" with it but I'm
sorta foggy on this.

If you have one of the strange "Everyday Needs: Parts, Batteries and
Accessories", it's on page 182.

Oops! Almost forgot: three dollars.

Gray Shockley
--------------------------
Entropy Maintenance Technician
Tao Chemical Company
--------------------------
http://www.compcomm.com/
Vicksburg, Mississippi US

Old March 2nd 04, 01:52 AM
Terry

Ron Hardin wrote in message ...
Who carries 0.65mm ID x 2.75mm OD power cords? (plug on one end and
tinned wire on the other) For a couple of Radio Your Way's, to a
D battery pack.

Buying the wall wart and snipping off the cord seems wasteful.

The wall wart is okay but stops working if the power goes off.

Try your local "Goodwill" or other "thrift" store. You can often pick
up
odd volataged wallwarts for $0/25~$1.00. "Flea markets" are another
great
place to find wallwarts. make a gauge to measure the OD and use a
finishing nail to measure the ID. I use a Drill gaueg for the OD, and
went through
a bunch of different nails to get one for each size I need.
Terry