Old March 2nd 04, 12:17 AM
Diverd4777

Default While in Greenwich Village, NYC

walking down 6th Avenue,
mindin' my business,
watching the unfolding diorama,
Kids with more metal than Skin in their ears
Middle aged women on Scooters
Lunch hour crowds
Stopped at a dark doorway on NE corner of 11th st...
- Magazine Store !
- So, I wandered inside,
seeing the horribly battered counter,
& vast, dark, magazine cluttered space
Poked around a bit,
- *& Yes,
right where it should be
Was a slot full of " Monitoring times"
_ So I buy one
go up to the lady running the store,
Maybe a tad under 70.
Been there,
done that.
" Do other people come in here & buy this Magazine" Said I
" Well, said she
" It doesn't sell like the New Yorker, but we sell a few"

So, even in the MOST UNlikely places
There are shortwave freaks
So
if your in Downtown NYC
stop by her store & buy a copy

Dan ( Just heading south, towards the " A" train...)

Old March 2nd 04, 09:05 PM
starman

John Jenkins wrote:

Can you see any long wire antennas strewn across the roof of apartment
buildings?

or between skyscrapers? :-)

Old March 2nd 04, 10:57 PM
Diverd4777

John Jenkins wrote:

Can you see any long wire antennas strewn across the roof of apartment
buildings?

or between skyscrapers? :-)

- Yes, that would be nice...

Or stringing out a Longwire in the trees in Central Park...