RadioBanter

-   -   Great web page on the NRD-505 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/41033-great-web-page-nrd-505-a.html)

the captain March 3rd 04 06:58 PM

Great web page on the NRD-505

this person was an insider to JRC !

http://www.dingosystems.com/nrd505/index.html

I am shocked to learn that only 850 NRD-505's were ever made !!!!!!!

RHF March 5th 04 12:49 AM

(the captain) wrote in message . com...
this person was an insider to JRC !

http://www.dingosystems.com/nrd505/index.html

I am shocked to learn that only 850 NRD-505's were ever made !!!!!!!

Captain,

That is the problem with Shortwave and Amateur/HAM Equipment;
low sales volume. So the 'business model' requires High Mark-Ups
and Profits per Item; resulting in Higher Cost Per Item; which
then further limits the potential market for these items.

The Exception being 'portable' Shortwave Radios.

~ RHF
..
..

RFCOMMSYS March 5th 04 02:18 AM

wrote ----

this person was an insider to JRC !

http://www.dingosystems.com/nrd505/index.html

Beautiful radio, and so is the 515. I have an NRD-515 and I love it.

Arthur Pozner March 5th 04 09:49 AM

NRD-505 is partially based on R-390 design (minus vacuum tubes and
about 50 pounds lighter) . Actually,it is probably closer to Collins
651. Audio is not very clear, but it
was a hell of a radio when it came on the market in late 70's.