Old March 3rd 04, 06:58 PM
the captain

Default Great web page on the NRD-505

this person was an insider to JRC !

http://www.dingosystems.com/nrd505/index.html

I am shocked to learn that only 850 NRD-505's were ever made !!!!!!!
Old March 5th 04, 12:49 AM
RHF

(the captain) wrote in message . com...
this person was an insider to JRC !

http://www.dingosystems.com/nrd505/index.html

I am shocked to learn that only 850 NRD-505's were ever made !!!!!!!

Captain,

That is the problem with Shortwave and Amateur/HAM Equipment;
low sales volume. So the 'business model' requires High Mark-Ups
and Profits per Item; resulting in Higher Cost Per Item; which
then further limits the potential market for these items.

The Exception being 'portable' Shortwave Radios.

~ RHF
..
..
Old March 5th 04, 02:18 AM
RFCOMMSYS

wrote ----

this person was an insider to JRC !

http://www.dingosystems.com/nrd505/index.html

Beautiful radio, and so is the 515. I have an NRD-515 and I love it.

Old March 5th 04, 09:49 AM
Arthur Pozner

NRD-505 is partially based on R-390 design (minus vacuum tubes and
about 50 pounds lighter) . Actually,it is probably closer to Collins
651. Audio is not very clear, but it
was a hell of a radio when it came on the market in late 70's.