RadioBanter

-   -   performance of WORLDSTAR MG6100 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/41042-performance-worldstar-mg6100.html)

Nicolae Santean March 3rd 04 09:32 PM

performance of WORLDSTAR MG6100

Has anybody owned (or heard of) a WORLDSTAR MG6100 receiver ? If yes,

- How does it perform ?
- What is the SW coverage of this receiver ?
- Does it have a double conversion ?

Thanks !

Nic.
http://www.csd.uwo.ca/~nic

http://www.newsfeed.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== 100,000 Groups! - 19 Servers! - Unlimited Download! =-----

Leonard Martin March 9th 04 03:35 AM

In article ,
"Nicolae Santean" wrote:

Has anybody owned (or heard of) a WORLDSTAR MG6100 receiver ? If yes,

- How does it perform ?
- What is the SW coverage of this receiver ?
- Does it have a double conversion ?

Thanks !

Nic.
http://www.csd.uwo.ca/~nic

I have its little brother, also marketed as the "Reader's Digest" radio.
Cannot answer any of your questions, except to say that the short length
of the tuning dial means that signals are irritatingly hard to
physically separate with the tuning knob. IMHO a good analog dial
receiver must have at a minimum a wider tuning window than this, and
preferably some kind of drum arrangement of dials to give an even longer
effective tuning "length".

Leonard

--
"Everything that rises must converge"
--Flannery O'Connor

Dxluver March 9th 04 04:31 AM

I have its little brother, also marketed as the "Reader's Digest" radio.

That 'Readers Digest' version, what year was it that they sold it or gave it
awat. {?}
Was it anygood?

I had a chance some years back and saw one and it looked impressive, with the
two seperate antennas pulled out. Overall, it looked like a great receiver,
never got to hear it, but I know I saw shortwave bands on it.

Thanks