Old March 3rd 04, 09:32 PM
Nicolae Santean

Default performance of WORLDSTAR MG6100

Has anybody owned (or heard of) a WORLDSTAR MG6100 receiver ? If yes,

- How does it perform ?
- What is the SW coverage of this receiver ?
- Does it have a double conversion ?

Thanks !

Nic.
http://www.csd.uwo.ca/~nic

http://www.newsfeed.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== 100,000 Groups! - 19 Servers! - Unlimited Download! =-----

Old March 9th 04, 03:35 AM
Leonard Martin

In article ,
"Nicolae Santean" wrote:

Has anybody owned (or heard of) a WORLDSTAR MG6100 receiver ? If yes,

- How does it perform ?
- What is the SW coverage of this receiver ?
- Does it have a double conversion ?

Thanks !

Nic.
http://www.csd.uwo.ca/~nic

I have its little brother, also marketed as the "Reader's Digest" radio.
Cannot answer any of your questions, except to say that the short length
of the tuning dial means that signals are irritatingly hard to
physically separate with the tuning knob. IMHO a good analog dial
receiver must have at a minimum a wider tuning window than this, and
preferably some kind of drum arrangement of dials to give an even longer
effective tuning "length".

Leonard

--
"Everything that rises must converge"
--Flannery O'Connor
Old March 9th 04, 04:31 AM
Dxluver

I have its little brother, also marketed as the "Reader's Digest" radio.

*************rest snipped**************

That 'Readers Digest' version, what year was it that they sold it or gave it
awat. {?}
Was it anygood?

I had a chance some years back and saw one and it looked impressive, with the
two seperate antennas pulled out. Overall, it looked like a great receiver,
never got to hear it, but I know I saw shortwave bands on it.

Thanks

Performance of a system of Ground Radials Reg Edwards Antenna 1 July 22nd 04 12:32 PM
VR-5000 performance Kelly Dx 0 March 25th 04 09:31 PM
Are GAM SS-2 VHF 35" whip marine antenna 6db performance claims possible? SDNomad Antenna 7 January 12th 04 05:04 PM
Quantifying radio performance Richard Shortwave 6 January 5th 04 04:32 AM
Is FM performance on modern PLL radios "rap" with a capital "C"? Richard Shortwave 32 January 2nd 04 06:31 PM