Old March 5th 04, 03:38 AM
Jane Hoover

Default ExxonMobile

There's a solution to this. If you're a capitalist, you'll readily agree.
If you're not, there's still some merit to the action. If they're making so
much money, buy the stock! (Disclaimer: I'm not saying Exxon is a buy here.
Furthermore, I own the stock; that's what they have to disclose on Lou
Rukeyser's show and I've always wanted to do it!) Anyway, in the past I've
bought Exxon, a bank that I used that was charging ridiculous fees (I
thought), and a financial that is a major player in credit cards (charging
what I thought were exorbitant fees and penalties). Anyway, let's cut to
the chase. I used to bank at the bank I bought stock in, but switched to
"friendlier" bank. I buy my gas at the cheapest price, regardless of the
brand name. I never owned the credit card in question.

But here's the deal-the stocks have all performed well, and the dividends
are sweet.

Now, if you're a capitalist, enough said, but if you're not, there's still
an upside. Every year you get to vote your shares. As a shareholder you
can also add items to be voted on. If you happen to make money, you can use
it for whatever cause you wish.

On an off-topic matter, I very much enjoy the posts about shortwave.