Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 5th 04, 01:02 PM
Stinger

Default Excellent source for Kaito KA1102 (American version of China's Degen 1102)

I've been really surprised how long it has taken for someone to come up with
a non-Ebay (and non PayPal BS) source for a true American version of the
portable radio that has been stirring up such a buzz around here -- the
Degen 1102.

Well, this morning I was surfing around the new RadioLabs site (checking for
when they're going to mod other radios -- I still want a synch detector for
my CC Radio Plus), and found that they're temporarily selling the Kaito
KA1102 for $79.95 plus shipping (UPS). Plus, this American version comes
with a blue backlight and rechargable Ni-MH batteries and a true 110V AC
adapter/charger that automatically charges the batteries when plugged in.
That's right -- no more 220 to 110v converter. Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.radiolabs.com/products/ra...02-special.php

I've ordered mine, and will let you know what I think of it. I don't expect
it to be in the same league as my "Super ATS-909," but I won't get nearly as
upset if it gets lost or stolen -- I'll take this little radio everywhere.
From what I see, they're ending the sale on March 18th.

Anyway, just wanted to give you guys a "heads-up" on this in case you were
like me and didn't really want to deal with the Chinese version and wanted
to deal with an actual dealer (long-timers will tell you that's the way to
go -- just in case it has a problem).

-- Stinger