Old March 6th 04, 08:35 PM
Dan Landon

Default Wireless Remote for Lowe HF-150 with RS232 option

Hello All,

We at swl-remotes.com have developed a wireless Infrared remote
control for the Lowe HF-150. You can have the direct frequency entry
of the optional Lowe keypad, plus more. You can enter frequencies,
control modes, and memories of the Lowe HF-150 from your easy chair
using a standard Universal TV remote.

The SWL IR Remote features direct frequency entry to 1Hz. Tuning
steps are in 1Hz, 10 Hz, 100 Hz, 1 kHz, 5 kHz, 10 kHz, 100 kHz, and 1
MHz. One of our best features is how simple it is to select a tuning
step and then control the radio with the CH +/-. Press one digit (for
example 5 for 5 kHz steps) and then CH+/- and you are using 5 kHz
steps. The tuning step stays until you change it again. The up and
down frequency pacing is a parameter setting so you can speed it up or
slow it down to your liking.

Of course you can select memories directly, move up and down through
the memories, and switch between VFO and memory modes. You can save
the current VFO settings to a memory channel.

If you want to control the Lowe HF-150 with your computer, we offer a
Level Converter option that replaces the optional Lowe IF-150 and is
functionally equivalent.

The KEYPAD cable is included. Just add a Universal Remote and you are
ready to remote control your Lowe HF-150.

More information can be found at our website:

http://www.swl-remotes.com

Dan
Old March 7th 04, 03:48 PM
David

The HF-150 tunes in 8 Hz steps. How does your device do 1 Hz steps?

Old March 7th 04, 11:45 PM
Dan Landon

That's true.

Our device is a generic device and the 1Hz steps are a standard step
rate. The remote handles the frequency down to 1Hz and sends the
resolved frequency to the receiver using the keypad interface.

You can set an 8Hz user defined step to handle the Lowe 8 Hz step
rate. The 1Hz rate would take 8 steps to finally step the HF-150.
You could get there, but it wouldn't actually change the frequency
until 8Hz had been stepped by the remote.

Hope this helps.

Dan