Old March 7th 04, 10:58 AM
Dxluver

Default CQ Contest

going on 1100UCT
7.091 LSB
QTH: Cincinnati,Oh.
Antenna: AD DX sloper
Receiver: DX398 &Hammarlund HQ 140X

**some guy is cleaning up, talking to Italy and Japan and some other
countries. Very nice sounding station, I wonder what he's running?
Old March 7th 04, 01:51 PM
N8KDV

Dxluver wrote:

going on 1100UCT
7.091 LSB
QTH: Cincinnati,Oh.
Antenna: AD DX sloper
Receiver: DX398 &Hammarlund HQ 140X

**some guy is cleaning up, talking to Italy and Japan and some other
countries. Very nice sounding station, I wonder what he's running?

It's the ARRL International DX Contest.

Old March 7th 04, 03:08 PM
Incognito

Next time -- get the call sign, check URL: http://www.qrz.com/ for the
address

Send an SASE or SAE with postage -- with a Signal report date etc. Ask for
his/her station equipment

Most Ham contesters both in the USA and world wide will return a QSL card to
SWLers

The contest was the ARRL International DX Contest. Rules and info at URL:
http://www.arrl.org/contests/

And you too can talk to the world -- see URL:
http://www.arrl.org/hamradio.html

--
Incognito By Necessity (:-(

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
- - -Harry S Truman

Old March 7th 04, 04:59 PM
J999w

Listening on 40m is neat because they run split ... the US hams above 7150, and
all the DX below 7100. Early this morning the VK's (Australians) were comming
in as well as strong, low power Central America.

I checked out 75m around 3800 and the high power east coast guys were
complaining that conditions were weak. I didn't hear any VK's or JA's (Japan).

Check out all the hambands tonight, should be wild. Contest runs until 0000z
tonight.

jw
wb9uai
Old March 8th 04, 10:50 AM
Dxluver

And you too can talk to the world -- see URL:
http://www.arrl.org/hamradio.htm

Yeah...yeah......I know. You sound like my friend, he's always trying to get
me to get my ticket.

Actually, I think (maybe) I might check into it seriously for the first time
in my life, this spring/summer and get it. I wouldn't mind txing again,
actually I mis it.
Old March 9th 04, 06:01 AM
Dxluver

Dunno, but he's DX himself, if he's on 7.091. U.S. stations can't work
fone in that part of the band. But many in semi near countries can. I
think maybe even Mexico can work fone there, but I'd have to check.
40m is a mess.

*******rest of good post snipped**********

So you're saying he's brealing the rules?

Eventually I'll find out all about that stuff when I go and get my ticket.
Sorry to say, I won't announce it on here because everyone will know your
address and personal info.

So I'll keep it quiet for a couple years and keep em' guessing. ;-)