Old March 9th 04, 07:18 PM
N8KDV

Default WRTH Amnnouncement

Announcement from WRTH:

We are sorry to say that, after an extensive period of consultation and
analysis, we have decided not to publish another edition of The
Shortwave
Guide. The book was very well received by those who bought it, and
especially by frequency and scheduling managers, but the overall sales
do
not justify continuing publication. As this has been the fate of all
summer
editions published by WRTH we must now learn the lesson that there is
not
enough interest in the summer schedules for a successful print
publication.

Thank you for the support we got for the last two volumes.

Nicholas Hardyman
Publisher
World Radio TV Handbook
Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old March 9th 04, 10:19 PM
SYSYPHUS' SISTER

N8KDV wrote:
[...]

I find this a damn shame. They were helpful, colorful and just as
informative as PWBR. I have both of them--and was hoping for the update
soon--suppose one of these days they will go on Ebay....

I am,
SYSYPHUS' SISTER

Old March 10th 04, 12:09 AM
N8KDV

SYSYPHUS' SISTER wrote:

N8KDV wrote:
[...]

Yes, it is unfortunate. Publishing in the SW medium is not to lucrative these
days. Quite unfortunate.