Old March 12th 04, 08:03 PM
Michael Bryant

Default Republicans Support Welfare for the Rich

Senate Passes $2.36 Trillion Budget
By ALAN FRAM, AP

WASHINGTON (March 12) - Republicans pushed a $2.36 trillion budget through the
Senate early Friday, a package allowing lower spending and smaller tax cuts
than President Bush wants and trimming record deficits faster than he proposed.

The plan largely follows the fiscal outline Bush sent lawmakers last month.
Even so, its leaner approach reflects an election-year discomfort that
conservative and moderate Republicans have expressed with red ink approaching a
half-trillion dollars.

The measure was approved 51-45 after Republicans fought off a mountain of
Democratic amendments. Many would have trimmed tax cuts on the richest
Americans and shifted the money to health care, schools, firefighters or other
popular programs.

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A
GE SRll, Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nojunk" to reply)
Old March 12th 04, 09:06 PM
T. Early

"Michael Bryant" wrote in message
Senate Passes $2.36 Trillion Budget
By ALAN FRAM, AP

In other words, lots and lots and lots of people who don't qualify as
rich get to keep more of their own money, instead of tossing it down
the federal black hole. Amazing that some people actually try to spin
that as a -bad- idea.

Old March 12th 04, 10:21 PM
MnMikew

Democrats support Robin Hood economics.

Old March 12th 04, 11:37 PM
Chandler7600

Just More " Screw Your Neighbor " politics from the Republicans..

Heck, Republicans dont even NEED working Class Americans,
they can
just Fire them, Offshore the U.S.
Jobs
Then pocket the difference..

Palaces & Shanty towns

" The American Way "

( Paid for by the committee of Exceptionally White Rich Men for GW Bush )

Senate Passes $2.36 Trillion Budget
By ALAN FRAM, AP

WASHINGTON (March 12) - Republicans pushed a $2.36 trillion budget through

SNIP

Old March 13th 04, 01:19 AM
Burr

So, your not a Republican???

Did you vote the other day?

Old March 13th 04, 01:22 AM
T. Early

"Chandler7600" wrote in message
Just More " Screw Your Neighbor " politics from the Republicans..

My neighbors are getting some nice refund checks about now courtesy of
the Republicans. But if you consider that a "screwing," I guess
that's your choice.

Old March 13th 04, 05:28 AM
RCM

How much longer will those refunds keep on coming especially when these
people lose their jobs to overseas and then dont have **** to pay for and
that includes taxes. I guess you dont have a tax base when you dont have the
economy to support it. What part of that dont ya understand

Old March 13th 04, 05:29 AM

"T. Early" wrote:

"Chandler7600" wrote in message
Just More " Screw Your Neighbor " politics from the Republicans..

My neighbors are getting some nice refund checks about now courtesy of
the Republicans. But if you consider that a "screwing," I guess
that's your choice.

A very shortsighted view. Let us know how you feel when your local taxes
go up, to pay for all the services which no longer receive adequate
federal funding.

Old March 13th 04, 05:53 AM
T. Early

" wrote in message
"T. Early" wrote:

"Chandler7600" wrote in message
Just More " Screw Your Neighbor " politics from the

Republicans..

My neighbors are getting some nice refund checks about now

courtesy of
the Republicans. But if you consider that a "screwing," I guess
that's your choice.

A very shortsighted view. Let us know how you feel when your local

taxes
go up, to pay for all the services which no longer receive adequate
federal funding.

If you consider it "shortsighted" to want once to have more control
over your own money in the face of generations of consistent tax
hikes, then my view is "shortsighted." If you consider the
perspective that the private sector (i.e., the taxpayer) is much
better at allocating capital than the public sector (which wastes gobs
of it on the way to it's intended "destination"), then my view is
"shortsighted."

And BTW, your premise is a straw horse. A rise in local taxes is -not-
the inevitable consequence of either federal tax cuts or reduced
federal funding. The original post was about being "screwed." The
only people I know who have been screwed consistently are working
stiffs who formerly labored until about May 11 every year to pay their
tax bill to feed the bureaucracies, including numerous "services"
dreamed up in the public sector that they neither want nor need.

Old March 13th 04, 06:21 AM
Melvin Creep

(Chandler7600) wrote in message ...
Just More " Screw Your Neighbor " politics from the Republicans..

Heck, Republicans dont even NEED working Class Americans,
they can
just Fire them, Offshore the U.S.
Jobs
Then pocket the difference..

Palaces & Shanty towns

" The American Way "

( Paid for by the committee of Exceptionally White Rich Men for GW Bush )

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I encourage everyone to do as I have done, i.e. go on welfare. For
years I was a loyal hardworking American that dutifully paid my taxes.
But no more. Why work as a serf to prop up a system that has no
interest in us or our families? How many ways does the government and
corporate American have to say "**** YOU!" before you wake up? The
only way to fight back (forget voting, if it mattered you wouldn't be
allowed to do it) is to go on welfare - the whole enchilada! I have
and am very happy. I live as well as I did when I was slaving from 6
a.m. to 6 p.m. I get free housing, free utilities, free groceries via
food stamps, free medical, and best of all tons of FREE TIME to read,
study, pursue my hobbies, work out, enjoy the outdoors, etc. It is
phenomonal how full and interesting my days are since I got out of the
rat race. The icing on the cake is my health has improved since
removing the stress and I've never felt better in my life. I recommend
the lifestyle change to everyone I meet and more and more people are
seeing the light and following suit. It really is an act of
patriotism. Yes, worse is better because the only way the insanity is
going to stop is when the greedy assholes destroying this country
begin to lose money. So STOP CONSUMING and get on the gravy train. The
sooner the system goes bankrupt and collapses the sooner the
rebuilding can begin. Until then I'm fine, and frankly, rather
enjoying the spectacle.
Melvin
P.S. I'm not being facetious, I'm serious.