Old March 13th 04, 02:40 PM
rgray

Default Antenna to use with a hammarlund 110?

I recently picked up my first ham radio, a Hammarlund 110. I hooked up a 75
foot loop antenna in my attic. It works fine but I want to increase my
reception.

My question is, what type anntenna should I use to maximize reception on all
bands for this system? Would a linear antenna work better? How long should
it be?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Old March 13th 04, 02:54 PM
Burr

Go to this group on Yahoo Groups and talk with them..

SkyWires · SkyWire Loop Antennas

Burr

Old March 13th 04, 02:57 PM
Burr

Also,
RHL or someone like that will be on here and he has a group about
antennas and he knows his stuff.

Old March 13th 04, 03:45 PM
Maximus

Any straight length of wire 25 to 75 feet oriented north-south ought to work
well. If you are using the attic, you can stretch several lengths of wire of
the same length and connect them end to end to make one longer length. That
should help increase the number of signals you receiver.

Strength and Honor

rgray wrote:

I recently picked up my first ham radio, a Hammarlund 110. I hooked up

a 75
foot loop antenna in my attic. It works fine but I want to increase my
reception.

My question is, what type anntenna should I use to maximize reception on

all
bands for this system? Would a linear antenna work better? How long

should
it be?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Discone antenna plans [email protected] Antenna 13 January 14th 05 11:51 PM
Yaesu FT-857D questions Joe S. Equipment 6 October 25th 04 09:40 AM
LongWire Antenna Jim B Shortwave 5 March 2nd 04 09:36 AM
Short STACKED Vertical {Tri-Band} BroomStick Antenna [Was: Wire ant question] RHF Shortwave 0 February 23rd 04 12:59 PM
EH Antenna Revisited Walter Maxwell Antenna 47 January 16th 04 04:34 AM