Old March 13th 04, 03:36 PM

Default What is some god tower to buy?

I know nothing abt antenna tower

Looking for some tower to buy to mount TV antenna.... maybe even SW
and ham radio antennas on.

Does there exist something that folds down and allows mounting of
antennas on the ground? And doesn't need guy wires as well? Or is
that asking too much?

Advice?

thanks!
Old March 13th 04, 03:50 PM
Maximus

I have seen telescoping towers for the purpose you describe, but I'm sure it
would be very expensive and installing it would have to be done very
carefully .

You can mount beam antennas, whips, whatever you like, and guy it down very
securely. The guy wires could be used as a shortwave antenna. Are you
limited by codes or regulataions in the city where you live ? You might want
to check into that to avoid neighbor problems and problems with city hall
s.

Strength and Honor

Old March 13th 04, 03:53 PM

There are fold over towers that are manufactured, and also mono-poles
that can be raised and lowered as well.

Hmm.....ok... the fold over mono pole might be a better idea

Old March 13th 04, 04:09 PM
Rob Mills

wrote in message

Advice?

I had 48 ft of Rohn 25 (four 10ft sections and one 8ft) with a tilt base. I
had it bracketed to the house eve at about 12 - 13 ft with no guy wires. Had
to hold a cook out and invite everyone I knew when it came time to
lower/tilt it. RM~

Old March 13th 04, 04:22 PM

I had 48 ft of Rohn 25 (four 10ft sections and one 8ft) with a tilt base. I
had it bracketed to the house eve at about 12 - 13 ft with no guy wires. Had
to hold a cook out and invite everyone I knew when it came time to
lower/tilt it. RM~

Mind if I ask what that Rohn tower cost you?

Ground connections to a tower Bill Ogden Antenna 5 October 4th 04 03:45 AM
30ft Tower uprooting Mike Antenna 2 April 22nd 04 02:14 AM
FS: U.S. Tower TX489 MDPL 89' Telescopic tower Rich W6VX Equipment 0 August 28th 03 02:46 AM
FS: U.S. Tower TX489 MDPL 89' Telescopic tower Rich W6VX Equipment 0 August 28th 03 02:46 AM
EZ Way tower sheared hinge pin Dan Lanciani Antenna 3 August 11th 03 10:21 PM