Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 14th 04, 10:01 PM
Jim Douglas

Default 1:1 balun construction

Here is one example searching Google for 1:1 balun

http://braincambre500.freeservers.co...r%20dipole.htm

"JEFF UK" wrote in message
Hi.
I am now planning to put up my first dipole for SWL.
I need help with;

1) A sensible length for general SWL.?
I mostly listen between 80 and 20 mtrs.

2) I would like a diagram of a 1:1 balun construction.
I believe this is the correct type for a dipole ?
I have a ferrite rod not rings, will it work the same ?

3) I will be using 75 ohm tv coax to its feed point which
is 90 feet from the house.
Will this be ok ?

4) I will need to bend the legs of the antenna to fit them in the garden.
I think this is ok for receiving ?

All help welcomed

Regards

Jeff

Parallel balun problem with wire loop loopfan Antenna 7 March 23rd 04 09:36 PM
Horizontal loop - balun or no balun ? Per Enocson Antenna 5 December 14th 03 01:28 AM
Antenna Questions ASW Shortwave 26 December 8th 03 04:30 AM
Balun Grounding Question ? John Doty Shortwave 4 November 25th 03 12:29 PM
Balun Grounding Question ? Robert11 Antenna 6 November 23rd 03 09:39 PM