Old March 16th 04, 06:21 AM
Newsgroup Lurker

Default KA1102 on eBay- cheap

You can always get one straight from China via Liypn as well for $68 total.
http://stores.ebay.com/V-COM-COLLECTIONS

"Jackie" wrote in message
Just in case anyone's interested, I got my KA1102 from these folks
recently... they've got a good deal on this receiver through "Buy it Now"

on
eBay.

Jackie

Old March 16th 04, 06:22 AM
Newsgroup Lurker

Ooops, forgot to add once shipped, it took 6 days. Faster than some radios I
have purchased form sellers in the US !

Old March 16th 04, 09:38 AM
Sanjaya

"Newsgroup Lurker" wrote...
You can always get one straight from China via Liypn as well for $68 total.
http://stores.ebay.com/V-COM-COLLECTIONS

"Jackie" wrote wrote...
Just in case anyone's interested, I got my KA1102 from these folks
recently... they've got a good deal on this receiver through "Buy it Now"

on
eBay.

Hi Lurker.
Jackie is right... this is a good deal. I've seen the KA1102 selling for
$85 - $100 on the web.
Liypn sells the OEM vesion of the radio, a Degen. It uses 220v as
opposed to the Kaito which uses 110v, but does come with a step up
transformer so it can be used with our mains.
The Degen would be difficult to return in case of a problem, and probably costly. The
Kaito has a US distributor and 1 year warranty.
Liypn is an excellent seller with great prices on the Degen/Tecsun radios, but if
someone is concerned about repair under warranty the Kaito would be a safe
bet... though more expensive than the Degen, as you point out.
By the way, Liypn has raised prices a touch... radio $49.90, shipping $20.