Old March 17th 04, 09:54 PM
Lee Smith

Default BBC Interval Signal?

The BBC World Service uses a short bit of classical music before they do
the news at the top of the hour.

Can anyone tell me what the title of the full selection is?

Thanks,
Lee Smith

Old March 17th 04, 09:57 PM
N8KDV

Lee Smith wrote:

The BBC World Service uses a short bit of classical music before they do
the news at the top of the hour.

Can anyone tell me what the title of the full selection is?

Lillibullero

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Old March 17th 04, 10:02 PM
Sanjaya

"Lee Smith" wrote in message news
The BBC World Service uses a short bit of classical music before they do
the news at the top of the hour.

Can anyone tell me what the title of the full selection is?

Thanks,
Lee Smith

LilliBulero
http://www.portabletubes.co.uk/sitefiles/dxing.htm

Old March 17th 04, 10:14 PM
Lee Smith

That didn't take long!

Thanks Steve.

Old March 17th 04, 10:16 PM
N8KDV

Lee Smith wrote:

That didn't take long!

Thanks Steve.

You're quite welcome. You might want to do a Google on the tune and
discover it's history.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old March 17th 04, 10:19 PM
N8KDV

Lee Smith wrote:

That didn't take long!

Thanks Steve.

As an aside to your original question, the BBC for certain broadcasts
uses the 'Bow Bells' as an interval signal.

Old March 17th 04, 10:46 PM
Maximus

The South America service had an interesting one that was different than
that one.

Old March 17th 04, 10:52 PM
N8KDV

Maximus wrote:

The South America service had an interesting one that was different than
that one.

Most likely 'Bow Bells'...

At one time the BBC used the Morse 'V' as an interval signal played on a tonic
scale. I have not heard that for a long time.

Does anyone know if it is still in use for any broadcasts?

Old March 18th 04, 06:12 AM
WShoots1

At one time the BBC used the Morse 'V' as an interval signal played on a
tonic
scale. I have not heard that for a long time.

I feel certain I've heard that at least once since I got back to listening to
SW 1-1/2 years ago. It was C-E-g-C, wasn't it? (I think I used the correct
notation. The g is below the middle C.)

Here ya go... I haven't checked them out yet, but WOW!

http://www.intervalsignals.net/countries/uk-bbcws.htm

Bill, K5BY
Old March 18th 04, 10:56 AM
Simon Mason

"Lee Smith" wrote in message
news
The BBC World Service uses a short bit of classical music before they do
the news at the top of the hour.

Can anyone tell me what the title of the full selection is?

Some BBC int sigs he
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page467.htm