RadioBanter

-   -   Speaking of loops! (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/41384-speaking-loops.html)

Brian Hill March 18th 04 12:24 AM

Speaking of loops!

Heres a guy that makes some nice loops from exotic hardwoods. price is right
too.

Brian
--
Never under estimate the stimulation of eccentricity.

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianehill/

Love2camp5 March 18th 04 04:09 PM

Heres a guy that makes some nice loops from exotic hardwoods. price is right
too.

Brian

Is that loop antenna for MW too or just for SW? And I'm quite sure my hubby or
son could build one of those - are there directions to build one posted
anywhere? And how large is the whole thing?

Now I feel like a two year who is just FULL of questions :-)))

Thanks,
Linda
Pennsylvania, USA

Brian Hill March 18th 04 10:09 PM

"Love2camp5" wrote in message Is that loop antenna for
MW too or just for SW? And I'm quite sure my hubby or
son could build one of those - are there directions to build one posted
anywhere? And how large is the whole thing?

Now I feel like a two year who is just FULL of questions :-)))

That one is for short-wave but he makes them for other bands as well. Yes
there is lot of info on building loops via the internet. Heres a few
articles to help the ant. builder:

http://www.mindspring.com/~loop_antenna/
http://www.geocities.com/kk5hy/calc.html
http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/Loop-H.html

Heres a group you can join to ask more questions:
http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/Loop-H.html

Hope this helps.

73 Brian

RHF March 19th 04 02:48 PM

= = = "Brian Hill" wrote in message
= = = ...

Heres a guy that makes some nice loops from exotic hardwoods.
price is right too.

Brian

..

BH,

Yes this eBay Seller does some good work.

His Designs are Simple and He is a Good Craftsman,
who has created some very nice looking Loop Antennas.

jm2cw ~ RHF

..

Love2camp5 March 19th 04 03:26 PM

Thank you Brian, for that info on antennas.

Linda

Mark Keith March 19th 04 08:20 PM

(Love2camp5) wrote in message ...
Heres a guy that makes some nice loops from exotic hardwoods. price is right
too.

Brian

Is that loop antenna for MW too or just for SW? And I'm quite sure my hubby or
son could build one of those - are there directions to build one posted
anywhere? And how large is the whole thing?

Now I feel like a two year who is just FULL of questions :-)))

Thanks,
Linda
Pennsylvania, USA

I've been making some from PVC. I came up with one design which uses
all standard PVC parts, and is simple to put together. Bout like a
lego toy...:)
A bit less complex a frame than say a PVC octagon loop. Instead of
making a separate web page , I just made a big JPG and threw it on my
site. You can see it he
http://web.wt.net/~nm5k/links.htm
Scroll down to the "A simple PVC receiving loop design"...
I've got one in the room here that is 5 ft across, and about 43-44
inches a side as far as the tank coil. It is on a stand on the floor,
and is rotatable.
The one I have is even simplier than the drawing...Mine is just a 2
inch OD PVC mast, with a 3/4 inch ID- one inch OD PVC crossbar. Uses
only two PVC tee's.
Let me know if the drawing is hard to read...It's 800x600, and looks
ok here, but I'm on a 21 inch monitor...Not sure how it looks on
smaller displays...Should be ok though...Yea, the pix is kind of busy,
but I wanted to squeeze it all on one JPG... MK