Old March 18th 04, 12:24 AM
Brian Hill

Default Speaking of loops!

Heres a guy that makes some nice loops from exotic hardwoods. price is right
too.

Brian
--
Never under estimate the stimulation of eccentricity.

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianehill/

Old March 18th 04, 04:09 PM
Love2camp5

Heres a guy that makes some nice loops from exotic hardwoods. price is right
too.

Brian

Is that loop antenna for MW too or just for SW? And I'm quite sure my hubby or
son could build one of those - are there directions to build one posted
anywhere? And how large is the whole thing?

Now I feel like a two year who is just FULL of questions :-)))

Thanks,
Linda
Pennsylvania, USA
Old March 18th 04, 10:09 PM
Brian Hill

"Love2camp5" wrote in message Is that loop antenna for
MW too or just for SW? And I'm quite sure my hubby or
son could build one of those - are there directions to build one posted
anywhere? And how large is the whole thing?

Now I feel like a two year who is just FULL of questions :-)))

That one is for short-wave but he makes them for other bands as well. Yes
there is lot of info on building loops via the internet. Heres a few
articles to help the ant. builder:

http://www.mindspring.com/~loop_antenna/
http://www.geocities.com/kk5hy/calc.html
http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/Loop-H.html

Heres a group you can join to ask more questions:
http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/Loop-H.html

Hope this helps.

73 Brian

Old March 19th 04, 02:48 PM
RHF

= = = "Brian Hill" wrote in message
= = = ...

Heres a guy that makes some nice loops from exotic hardwoods.
price is right too.

Brian

..

BH,

Yes this eBay Seller does some good work.

His Designs are Simple and He is a Good Craftsman,
who has created some very nice looking Loop Antennas.

jm2cw ~ RHF

..
Old March 19th 04, 03:26 PM
Love2camp5

Thank you Brian, for that info on antennas.

Linda

Old March 19th 04, 08:20 PM
Mark Keith

(Love2camp5) wrote in message ...
Heres a guy that makes some nice loops from exotic hardwoods. price is right
too.

Brian

Is that loop antenna for MW too or just for SW? And I'm quite sure my hubby or
son could build one of those - are there directions to build one posted
anywhere? And how large is the whole thing?

Now I feel like a two year who is just FULL of questions :-)))

Thanks,
Linda
Pennsylvania, USA

I've been making some from PVC. I came up with one design which uses
all standard PVC parts, and is simple to put together. Bout like a
lego toy...
A bit less complex a frame than say a PVC octagon loop. Instead of
making a separate web page , I just made a big JPG and threw it on my
site. You can see it he
http://web.wt.net/~nm5k/links.htm
Scroll down to the "A simple PVC receiving loop design"...
I've got one in the room here that is 5 ft across, and about 43-44
inches a side as far as the tank coil. It is on a stand on the floor,
and is rotatable.
The one I have is even simplier than the drawing...Mine is just a 2
inch OD PVC mast, with a 3/4 inch ID- one inch OD PVC crossbar. Uses
only two PVC tee's.
Let me know if the drawing is hard to read...It's 800x600, and looks
ok here, but I'm on a 21 inch monitor...Not sure how it looks on
smaller displays...Should be ok though...Yea, the pix is kind of busy,
but I wanted to squeeze it all on one JPG... MK

Speaking of Which...(QRP...) Steve Robeson K4CAP Policy 3 October 16th 04 08:56 PM
Noise and Loops Question Tony Angerame Antenna 4 August 24th 04 10:12 PM
Advice Needed for Super J-Pole Design: Inductive Loops Overheating Dr. Slick Antenna 12 January 26th 04 04:41 PM
array of magnetic loops? John Antenna 5 October 28th 03 09:01 PM
Loops? Telamon Shortwave 5 August 30th 03 05:24 AM