Old March 20th 04, 04:14 AM
Melvin Creep

Default Help the Animals

As official spokesman for the shortwave newsgroup family I am sharing
a recent letter received from People For The Ethical Treatment of
Animals. Undoubtely the majority of shortwave listeners are
compassionate individuals who empathize with the plight defenseless
animals face everyday. Never forget that they are creations of God
just as you are.
Regards,
Melvin

Dear Activist,

Please allow me to introduce myself: I’m Stephanie, PETA’s
activist liaison. My goal is to help make your work for animals as
easy as possible. By now, you should have received your Activist
Welcome Pack containing valuable information to help you in your work
for animals. If you haven’t received it, please let me know, and
I will send another one out right away.

I hope that you’ll take advantage of all the assistance we offer
to our activists. We are happy to send posters, leaflets, stickers,
and videos for a nominal fee (or for free if you are truly unable to
afford them). We have experts who can advise you on a host of
issues—from working on a ban on animal circuses to lobbying for
vegan food in your cafeteria to humane “pest” control.

We currently have many campaigns with which we’d love to have
your help. For instance, we ask that you “adopt” a KFC
restaurant as part of an international push to persuade the fast-food
giant to improve the hideous living and dying conditions endured by
the millions of birds eaten in KFC’s restaurants. Visit
KFCCruelty.com for information.

If you are interested in helping us stop cruel experiments on animals,
the Iams Campaign is for you! You can write a letter to Iams, asking
the company to end its cruel testing on dogs and cats in laboratories;
pass out Iams Campaign leaflets at your dog park, in front of a pet
supply store, or on a busy corner; or visit your local shelter or
pet-supply stores and ask that they stop doing business with Iams.
Visit IamsCruelty.com to learn more about the campaign and what you
can do to help.

Similarly, if there is a PETCO store in your area, please consider
holding an informational protest to let shoppers know how the pet
store “cares for” sick and dying animals. See
PETCOCruelty.com for information, or check out PETA.org for the
lowdown on all our campaigns. I also encourage you to refer to
PETA’s “Guide to Becoming an Activist” at
http://www.peta.org/cmp/actguide1.html for tips on tabling, making
posters, organizing demos, and other useful information that all
activists should know. I can even mail you a hard copy of the guide if
you’d prefer.

Without the work of our dedicated activists, PETA could never do as
much to help animals, so welcome aboard! We hope to hear from you
soon!

Sincerely,

Stephanie Corrigan, Activist Liaison
Old March 20th 04, 06:21 AM
Brian Hill

"Al E. Baba" wrote in message
And just who was it that made you "Official Spokesman"? You don't
speak for anyone but yourself. And, if you're going to post
Off-topic, then it should be marked OT. We have enough garbage coming
into what used to be a fine group, we don't need yours.

BTW, the last name fits!!

He's a troll. I should know better but it took me a wile too. After finally
researching this guy, I found he is a pimply faced punk from the mid west.
trust me guys he's not what he says he is. Go away troll!!

Old March 20th 04, 02:06 PM
Sideshow

I thought PETA was an acronym for
People Eating Tasty Animals.

I did hear a vegetarian once reply, "It's not that I don't eat meat
because I love animals, I just HATE plants!"
Old March 20th 04, 02:32 PM
Jim Douglas

I would love to help, please have #8345 (Pamela Anderson) come over to my
house to discuss the
issues!
om...

Old March 20th 04, 03:45 PM
Brian Hill

"Jim Douglas" wrote in message
I would love to help, please have #8345 (Pamela Anderson) come over to my
house to discuss the
issues!

Your a good man Jim

Old March 20th 04, 04:31 PM
Lee Smith

Jim:

Nice try. She's busy over at my place for the next few days!

Lee

Old March 21st 04, 02:50 AM
Melvin Creep

"Brian Hill" wrote in message ...
"Al E. Baba" wrote in message
And just who was it that made you "Official Spokesman"? You don't
speak for anyone but yourself. And, if you're going to post
Off-topic, then it should be marked OT. We have enough garbage coming
into what used to be a fine group, we don't need yours.

BTW, the last name fits!!

He's a troll. I should know better but it took me a wile too. After finally
researching this guy, I found he is a pimply faced punk from the mid west.
trust me guys he's not what he says he is. Go away troll!!

Your research skills are as lame as your analytical thinking skills.
Research will show that I am in my upper 40's with no acne and
certainly no punk and I reside in the West.
Melvin