Old March 21st 04, 02:11 AM
snow

Default DE1102 versus DX440/803A

I would be curious how the DE1102 compares to the classic Sangean
803A/Realistic DX440. I use to own the DX440 and it was a very sensitive
portable. I was able to pull in some weak stations with about 80 feet
longwire on the roof. I received Radio Tahiti and Pictarian Island to
mention a few good catches. To overcome overload the 440 had an adjustable
gain control which worked well. The DE1102 may be similiar to the Grundig YB
305 that is very sensitive off the whip. Anyways, my next radio may well be
the DE1102 for its bargain price, still the DX 440
was a classic (no longer in production) and hard to beat for sensitivity for
a $200 and under portable.

Old March 21st 04, 11:22 PM
Dan

In article ,
"snow" wrote:

I would be curious how the DE1102 compares to the classic Sangean
803A/Realistic DX440. I use to own the DX440 and it was a very sensitive
portable. I was able to pull in some weak stations with about 80 feet
longwire on the roof. I received Radio Tahiti and Pictarian Island to
mention a few good catches. To overcome overload the 440 had an adjustable
gain control which worked well. The DE1102 may be similiar to the Grundig YB
305 that is very sensitive off the whip. Anyways, my next radio may well be
the DE1102 for its bargain price, still the DX 440
was a classic (no longer in production) and hard to beat for sensitivity for
a $200 and under portable.

Well, I have a DX-440 and I just ordered a Kaito KA-1102 off of eBay.
It should be here in a couple of days, as it turns out the shipper is
very close to me.

The DX-440 is very nice, but IMO it's heavy for a portable because of
it's 6 "D" batteries and 2 "AA" batteries. I'll post a comparison
"review" when I've played with my 1102.

Dan

APRS Text versus MIC-E Dan Digital 2 November 19th 04 04:41 AM
Wire thicknes versus bandwith Per Bekker-Madsen Antenna 19 May 11th 04 09:46 AM
The Long awaited DE1102 (First Impression) ac-acadaptor Shortwave 9 March 22nd 04 04:45 PM
Access BPL NPRM versus NOI Len Over 21 Policy 1 March 16th 04 01:38 PM
meter sensitivity versus internal resistance Uwe Langmesser Homebrew 0 February 13th 04 05:02 AM