Old March 23rd 04, 04:31 PM
T. Early

Default Wall St. Journal & BPL controversy

I can't link because it's a pay site but today's Wall St. Journal has
a large article on BPL and the ham radio movement opposing it that
seems pretty balanced to me, although you'd expect them to be pro-BPL.
The article does call the ham community a "quirky bunch." LOL.

Old March 23rd 04, 06:08 PM
RadioGuy

T. Early wrote in message
I can't link because it's a pay site but today's Wall St. Journal has
a large article on BPL and the ham radio movement opposing it that
seems pretty balanced to me, although you'd expect them to be pro-BPL.
The article does call the ham community a "quirky bunch." LOL.

Interesting... I thought the BPL controversy ranged further than the
hobbyist and toy radio operator.

RG

Old March 24th 04, 10:24 PM
core_dump

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Old March 24th 04, 10:41 PM
Ron Hardin

T. Early wrote:

I can't link because it's a pay site but today's Wall St. Journal has
a large article on BPL and the ham radio movement opposing it that
seems pretty balanced to me, although you'd expect them to be pro-BPL.
The article does call the ham community a "quirky bunch." LOL.

The WSJ's news department is fairly left of center; the editorials
are on the right. They actually do have a firewall between the
divisions, unusual in New York papers.
--
Ron Hardin