Old March 23rd 04, 11:21 PM
Mike Terry

Default Radio Luxembourg commemoration on March 25th

Kjell Dhal in Norway has sent us a link to Norwegian national station, NRK,
which he tells us will be presenting jingles, commercials and DJs from Radio
Luxembourg on March 25th.

http://radiolondon.co.uk/kneesflashe...t/hapcurr.html

The NRK website is at:

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/n...l/3153908.html

Old March 24th 04, 05:30 AM
starman

Mike Terry wrote:

Kjell Dhal in Norway has sent us a link to Norwegian national station, NRK,
which he tells us will be presenting jingles, commercials and DJs from Radio
Luxembourg on March 25th.

http://radiolondon.co.uk/kneesflashe...t/hapcurr.html

The NRK website is at:

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/n...l/3153908.html

I really miss the 'Big L'. I used to listen to them mostly on 15350 in
the summer. I never heard them on LW. Their programming was like an
Amercian rock station with a DJ. They had neat jingles and even some
commercials, which was rare for shortwave back then.

Old March 24th 04, 12:51 PM
Ruud Poeze

starman schreef:

Mike Terry wrote:

Kjell Dhal in Norway has sent us a link to Norwegian national station, NRK,
which he tells us will be presenting jingles, commercials and DJs from Radio
Luxembourg on March 25th.

http://radiolondon.co.uk/kneesflashe...t/hapcurr.html

The NRK website is at:

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/n...l/3153908.html

I really miss the 'Big L'. I used to listen to them mostly on 15350 in
the summer. I never heard them on LW. Their programming was like an
Amercian rock station with a DJ. They had neat jingles and even some
commercials, which was rare for shortwave back then.

On LW they carry a French service.
Luxy was on MW 208 (1439/1440 kHz, 1.2 MW) and in the evening night on
6090 SW (100 kW). The 15350 was only 10 kW.
Indeed, top 40 music was rare on SW.
Actually, I feel that playing oldies on SW will attrack massive
audiences, but there is no way to get it commercialy financed.
ruud
Old March 25th 04, 05:07 AM
starman

Ruud Poeze wrote:

starman schreef:

Mike Terry wrote:

[...]

I used to listen to KUSW, a shortwave station in Salt Lake City, Utah.
They played rock oldies too. The station went off the air in December,
1990.