Old March 25th 04, 01:18 PM
N8KDV

Diverd4777 wrote:

Mike:

Liberal talk radio with Al Franken; ( ! ! ! )

http://www.radiopower.org/talkradio

I'm a gonna listen religiously..

And then... when you want the truth... who ya gonna listen to?

Old March 25th 04, 01:59 PM
Diverd4777

In article , N8KDV
writes:

Diverd4777 wrote:

Mike:

Liberal talk radio with Al Franken; ( ! ! ! )

http://www.radiopower.org/talkradio

I'm a gonna listen religiously..

And then... when you want the truth... who ya gonna listen to?

- Depends on who says what's the truth;
listen to most of them,
THEN
- after mulling it all over; Make up your own mind . . . .

BTW Liked " The Hockey Stick" ,it brings up some good points, but I believe
there are holes in his overall theory..

Dan

Old March 26th 04, 06:25 AM
WShoots1

BTW Liked " The Hockey Stick" ,it brings up some good points, but I believe

there are holes in his overall theory..

Hockey Stick? See:

http://www.vision.net.au/~daly/hockey/hockey.htm

Bill, K5BY
Old March 27th 04, 02:10 AM
Waterperson77

There is no such thing as
liberal programs left on US AM mediumwave. They're all owned by Clear
Channel....

no they're not. There's at least three different radio stations on the AM
mediumwave band in my area that are NOT owned by clear channel.

And those three stattions are owned by three different companies.

And there's probably more I can pick up that are not owned by clear channel,
although clear channel did buy about half of te radio stations around here, and
another company bought about the other half.

Old March 27th 04, 06:36 PM
RHF

From: (RedOctober90)

That would go good with your anti-white anti-straight anti-normal
liberal left crap stations and programs on AM.

I like free speech, it's wonderful.

You like living in a fantasy of your own creation. There is no such

thing as
liberal programs left on US AM mediumwave. They're all owned by

Clear
Channel....

Correct on the effect, wrong on the cause. The dearth of liberal
views on AM has nothing to do with Clear Channel, and everything to do
with market forces. I'm in a major market and Limbaugh & Hannity--the
two major AM conservatives--are not on a station operated by Clear
Channel. Now that the monopoly of liberal viewpoints on television
news is being dented, giving people a video alternative, I suspect
that conservatives on AM radio will see some drop off in listnership
and a programs hosted by liberals--such as the new "network" with
Franken and Garafalo funded by rich lefties--may become viable

wrong, Wrong. WRONG !

The Liberal Left has long ago moved to FM Radio and has
two Radio Networks "NPR" & "PRI" and One TV Network "PBS".

Out of about 13,500 Total Radio Stations:
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/totals/bt031231.html

AM RADIO = 4794
FM RADIO = 6217
FM EDUCATIONAL = 2552 {NPR&PRI = Liberal Propaganda ~ 19%}
TOTAL 13563 (Clear Channel 1200 ~ 9%)

Just the Facts ~ RHF

..

Old March 27th 04, 06:42 PM
RHF

= = = Leonard Martin wrote in message
= = = ...
- - - - - S N I P - - - - -

Uh, excuse me. I kind of think it likely that the right wingos on AM are
in part "funded by rich righties". That is to say, the station owners,
like most well-off people, are probably mostly conservative, and I bet
they don't mind spreading a little right-wing propoganda while making
their money.

Also, for "rich lefties" I suggest substitution of the phrase "educated
lefties". Education, you know, has a way of moving you to the left
because you learn through it that the ideas of your parochial culture of
origin are not set in stone.

Leonard

LM,

wrong, Wrong. WRONG !

The Liberal Left Propaganda is FUNDED by OUR (EVERYONES) Tax Dollars
in the Name of 'public service' and 'education' and they have long
ago moved to FM Radio and has two Radio Networks "NPR" & "PRI" and
One TV Network "PBS".

Out of about 13,500 Total Radio Stations:
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/totals/bt031231.html

AM RADIO = 4794
FM RADIO = 6217
FM EDUCATIONAL = 2552 {NPR&PRI = Liberal Left Propaganda ~ 19%}
TOTAL 13563 (Clear Channel 1200 ~ 9%)

The
Just the Facts ~ RHF

..
Old March 27th 04, 07:29 PM
Telamon

In article
,

From: (RedOctober90)

[...]

You are really looking like a moron here Leonard. Market forces are
financing the right wing radio and not the left wing agenda but "a rich
lefty" is starting up a left wing agenda network with a few stations for
people like you. If enough people like you listen to it and buy the
advertising left wing radio could fund itself like the right wing radio
does.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California