Old March 26th 04, 10:14 PM
N8KDV

Default Digital Radio Mundial A04

A04 Broadcast Schedule for Radio (Digital Radio Mondial - DRM),
effective April 4th (07:00 UTC) to October 30th, 2004 (07:00 UTC):

2100-2159 SAC 9800 70 268 Northeast United States
MON-FRI: The World at Six / As It Happens
SAT: The Vinyl Café
SUN: Writers & Company

Transmitter Sites:
MSK: MOSCOW, RUSSIA VIE: VIENNA, AUSTRIA
RMC: RADIO MONTE CARLO VOL: VOICE OF LEBANON
RMP: RAMPISHAM, UNITED KINGDOM WOF: WOFFERTON, UNITED KINGDOM
SAC: SACKVILLE, CANADA WER: WERTACHTAL, GERMANY
SKN: SKELTON, UNITED KINGDOM XIA: XIAN, PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA
SNG: SINGAPORE YAM: YAMATA, JAPAN
(Schedule Issued on March 1st, 2004; via Andreas Volk - ADDX via WB;
2004 March 11, WWDXC via DXLD)

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Old March 26th 04, 11:32 PM
dont know

N8KDV wrote:

A04 Broadcast Schedule for Radio (Digital Radio Mondial - DRM),
effective April 4th (07:00 UTC) to October 30th, 2004 (07:00 UTC):

2100-2159 SAC 9800 70 268 Northeast United States
MON-FRI: The World at Six / As It Happens
SAT: The Vinyl Café
SUN: Writers & Company

Transmitter Sites:
MSK: MOSCOW, RUSSIA VIE: VIENNA, AUSTRIA
RMC: RADIO MONTE CARLO VOL: VOICE OF LEBANON
RMP: RAMPISHAM, UNITED KINGDOM WOF: WOFFERTON, UNITED KINGDOM
SAC: SACKVILLE, CANADA WER: WERTACHTAL, GERMANY
SKN: SKELTON, UNITED KINGDOM XIA: XIAN, PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA
SNG: SINGAPORE YAM: YAMATA, JAPAN
(Schedule Issued on March 1st, 2004; via Andreas Volk - ADDX via WB;
2004 March 11, WWDXC via DXLD)

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

so you show me who is transmitting in DRM. but how popular is it here?
Is there a list of mfr's who make the receivers? how about mod kits
for receivers? Yes i like to hear BBC and DW direct in the night,
but where is the technical stuff for drm?
Rein Wiehler (canada)
Old March 26th 04, 11:44 PM
N8KDV

dont know wrote:

N8KDV wrote:

[...]

I'm sure it's all just a Google search away!

Any other technical research I charge $100 per hour. You might email me for
a quote.

Old March 27th 04, 03:12 AM
Brian Denley

N8KDV wrote:
A04 Broadcast Schedule for Radio (Digital Radio Mondial - DRM),
effective April 4th (07:00 UTC) to October 30th, 2004 (07:00 UTC):

: Writers & Company

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Steve:
Do have any DRM capable receivers? My RX-320 and 350 can be modified for
the 12 KHz IF (they come with that new now), but I haven't yet taken the
plunge. I hear the sound quality is terrific.

--
Brian Denley

Old March 27th 04, 03:17 AM
N8KDV

Brian Denley wrote:

N8KDV wrote:
A04 Broadcast Schedule for Radio (Digital Radio Mondial - DRM),
effective April 4th (07:00 UTC) to October 30th, 2004 (07:00 UTC):

: Writers & Company

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Steve:
Do have any DRM capable receivers? My RX-320 and 350 can be modified for
the 12 KHz IF (they come with that new now), but I haven't yet taken the
plunge. I hear the sound quality is terrific.

I don't believe in DRM... I myself hope it dies an unceremonious death.

Old March 27th 04, 03:36 AM
Brian Denley

N8KDV wrote:
Brian Denley wrote:

N8KDV wrote:
A04 Broadcast Schedule for Radio (Digital Radio Mondial - DRM),
effective April 4th (07:00 UTC) to October 30th, 2004 (07:00 UTC):
Writers & Company

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Steve:
Do have any DRM capable receivers? My RX-320 and 350 can be
modified for the 12 KHz IF (they come with that new now), but I
haven't yet taken the plunge. I hear the sound quality is terrific.

I don't believe in DRM... I myself hope it dies an unceremonious
death.

Steve:
Yeah well don't hold your breath. I now have XM radio in my car and you
couldn't pry it away from me: 100 channels, no commercials and great audio.
I think digital radio is here to stay. I'm just gonna have to figure out
how to get my R-388 to receive it.

--
Brian Denley

Old March 27th 04, 04:15 AM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"N8KDV" wrote
(A useful list for avoiding QRM!)

73,

SL

Old March 27th 04, 07:10 AM
Frank Dresser

"Brian Denley" wrote in message
N8KDV wrote:

Steve:
Yeah well don't hold your breath. I now have XM radio in my car and you
couldn't pry it away from me: 100 channels, no commercials and great

audio.
I think digital radio is here to stay. I'm just gonna have to figure out
how to get my R-388 to receive it.

--
Brian Denley

Which is the greater attraction? Better audio or more channels?

Frank Dresser

Old March 27th 04, 12:17 PM
N8KDV

Brian Denley wrote:

N8KDV wrote:
Brian Denley wrote:

N8KDV wrote:
[...]

I was referring to DRM on shortwave.

Old March 27th 04, 07:52 PM
Telamon

In article ri69c.102901$_w.1322018@attbi_s53,
"Brian Denley" wrote:

N8KDV wrote:
A04 Broadcast Schedule for Radio (Digital Radio Mondial - DRM),
effective April 4th (07:00 UTC) to October 30th, 2004 (07:00 UTC):

: Writers & Company

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Steve:
Do have any DRM capable receivers? My RX-320 and 350 can be modified for
the 12 KHz IF (they come with that new now), but I haven't yet taken the
plunge. I hear the sound quality is terrific.

It cannot sound better than what the radios have already. DRM can only
sound worse.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California