Old March 30th 04, 09:41 AM
N8KDV

Default RIP Alistair Cooke

Alistair Cooke has passed away at age 95.

Old March 30th 04, 10:07 AM
m II

N8KDV wrote:

Alistair Cooke has passed away at age 95.

A gentleman of the first order.

http://www.ens.gu.edu.au/robertk/radio/cooke.htm

mike
Old March 30th 04, 12:10 PM
Diverd4777

BBC Website ; transcripts of some of his shows..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ca/default.stm

Dan / NYC

Old March 30th 04, 01:09 PM
N8KDV

N8KDV wrote:

Alistair Cooke has passed away at age 95.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old March 30th 04, 01:16 PM
N8KDV

N8KDV wrote:

Alistair Cooke has passed away at age 95.

A special one hour tribute, Remembering Alistair Cooke will be broadcast

on BBC Radio Four at 2100 BST on Tuesday 30 March, 2004 and at 2000 BST
on Saturday 3rd April, 2004. A World Service tribute is being broadcast
at 1030 GMT, 1430GMT (not Europe) and 2130 GMT (Europe) on Tuesday
30 March, 2004.

Old March 30th 04, 01:18 PM
Joel Rubin

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 03:41:37 -0500, N8KDV
wrote:

Alistair Cooke has passed away at age 95.

News story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/3581465.stm

[quote]
A special tribute to Alistair Cook will be broadcast on BBC Radio Four
at 2100 BST on Tuesday 30 March, 2004 and on World Service at 1030
GMT, 1430GMT (not Europe) and 2130 GMT (Europe) on Tuesday 30 March,
2004.
[close quote]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programme...ca/default.stm

The BBC Radio 4 "Letter from America" page, including Realaudio on
demand for the special tribute above.

Old March 30th 04, 07:33 PM
Beaker

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 03:41:37 -0500, N8KDV quoth:
Alistair Cooke has passed away at age 95.

Listening to the BBC just won't be the same...

bkr

Old March 30th 04, 08:37 PM
Jake Brodsky

wrote:

Alistair Cooke has passed away at age 95.

I have many fond memories of his "Letter from America" broadcasts
dating back more than 25 years ago. These letters were everything
that real Journalism and commentary should aspire to be. Some day I
hope to introduce these wonderful radio essays to my kids when they
can appreciate them.

Jake Brodsky, AB3A
"Beware of the massive impossible!"
Old March 30th 04, 09:31 PM
Brenda Ann Dyer

wrote:

Alistair Cooke has passed away at age 95.

I have many fond memories of his "Letter from America" broadcasts
dating back more than 25 years ago. These letters were everything
that real Journalism and commentary should aspire to be. Some day I
hope to introduce these wonderful radio essays to my kids when they
can appreciate them.

It's nice to see something that the majority in the NG seem to agree upon.
I used to watch Masterpiece Theater many years ago.. and Alistair Cooke was
always the epitome of class.

Old March 30th 04, 11:28 PM
tommyknocker

N8KDV wrote:

Alistair Cooke has passed away at age 95.

Didn't he just retire from doing "Letter From America"?

Alastair Cooke Retires N8KDV Shortwave 4 March 5th 04 03:54 AM
Alastair Cooke, 94, stumbles Dan Say Shortwave 1 October 21st 03 11:30 PM