RadioBanter

-   -   DX380 help (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/41675-dx380-help.html)

andre259 March 31st 04 07:48 PM

DX380 help

Having recently pulled the old 380 out of the cupboard and blow the cob webs
off it has a problem.
With either fresh batteries or the 6v mains adaptor I keep getting the 'E'
error message on the display.
The clock/mem etc. is working OK but the radio is dead.
Has anyone had similar problems or any ideas.
Thanks
--
Chris

Tracy Fort March 31st 04 08:08 PM

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 06:48:13 +1200, "andre259"
wrote:

Having recently pulled the old 380 out of the cupboard and blow the cob webs
off it has a problem.
With either fresh batteries or the 6v mains adaptor I keep getting the 'E'
error message on the display.
The clock/mem etc. is working OK but the radio is dead.
Has anyone had similar problems or any ideas.
Thanks

I'm sure you replaced the AA batteries too?

Tracy

Tracy Fort March 31st 04 09:05 PM

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 07:44:26 +1200, "andre259"
wrote:

Hi Tracy
Yes all of the batteries ( 6 of them) have been replaced.
Cheers

Sorry Andre, I could have swore I read DX390 in your post. My bad.

Tracy

m II April 1st 04 01:50 AM

andre259 wrote:

Having recently pulled the old 380 out of the cupboard and blow the cob webs
off it has a problem.
With either fresh batteries or the 6v mains adaptor I keep getting the 'E'
error message on the display.
The clock/mem etc. is working OK but the radio is dead.
Has anyone had similar problems or any ideas.
Thanks

This thread was about a 390, but it may apply. He was getting the E
aslo. It may have been the power jack at fault.

http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en...m%26 rnum%3D1

mike
--

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
/ /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /

..let the cat out to reply..

Tracy Fort April 1st 04 01:58 AM

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 00:50:04 GMT, m II
wrote:

andre259 wrote:

Having recently pulled the old 380 out of the cupboard and blow the cob webs
off it has a problem.
With either fresh batteries or the 6v mains adaptor I keep getting the 'E'
error message on the display.
The clock/mem etc. is working OK but the radio is dead.
Has anyone had similar problems or any ideas.
Thanks

This thread was about a 390, but it may apply. He was getting the E
aslo. It may have been the power jack at fault.

http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en...m%26 rnum%3D1

mike

My thinking was that a 390 used 4d cells and 3 aa cells...I could
have been wrong but if I remember correctly the AA's can give that
problem when they are dead and that is with or without a power supply
connected.

Tracy

Rob Mills April 1st 04 04:57 PM

"andre259" wrote in message
With either fresh batteries or the 6v mains adaptor I keep getting the

'E' error message on the display.

Are you sure you have the batteries in right? The 4 AA's on your right all
point the + to the right and the 2AA's on your left both point the + to the
left. RM ~

Rob Mills April 1st 04 10:41 PM

"andre259" wrote in message

Yes I checked this first, I also checked the voltage on the batteries, all

Okay, thought maybe you pulled the same stunt I did. I automatically
(creature of habit) reversed the polarity on second row on each side then
sat there like a dummy wondering why this thing don't work. RM~