Old March 31st 04, 07:48 PM
andre259

Default DX380 help

Having recently pulled the old 380 out of the cupboard and blow the cob webs
off it has a problem.
With either fresh batteries or the 6v mains adaptor I keep getting the 'E'
error message on the display.
The clock/mem etc. is working OK but the radio is dead.
Has anyone had similar problems or any ideas.
Thanks
--
Chris

Old March 31st 04, 08:08 PM
Tracy Fort

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 06:48:13 +1200, "andre259"
wrote:

Having recently pulled the old 380 out of the cupboard and blow the cob webs
off it has a problem.
With either fresh batteries or the 6v mains adaptor I keep getting the 'E'
error message on the display.
The clock/mem etc. is working OK but the radio is dead.
Has anyone had similar problems or any ideas.
Thanks

I'm sure you replaced the AA batteries too?

Tracy
Old March 31st 04, 08:44 PM
andre259

Hi Tracy
Yes all of the batteries ( 6 of them) have been replaced.
Cheers
--
Chris

Old March 31st 04, 09:05 PM
Tracy Fort

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 07:44:26 +1200, "andre259"
wrote:

Hi Tracy
Yes all of the batteries ( 6 of them) have been replaced.
Cheers

Sorry Andre, I could have swore I read DX390 in your post. My bad.

Tracy
Old April 1st 04, 01:50 AM
m II

andre259 wrote:

Having recently pulled the old 380 out of the cupboard and blow the cob webs
off it has a problem.
With either fresh batteries or the 6v mains adaptor I keep getting the 'E'
error message on the display.
The clock/mem etc. is working OK but the radio is dead.
Has anyone had similar problems or any ideas.
Thanks

This thread was about a 390, but it may apply. He was getting the E
aslo. It may have been the power jack at fault.

http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en...m%26 rnum%3D1

mike
--

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
/ /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /

..let the cat out to reply..

Old April 1st 04, 01:58 AM
Tracy Fort

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 00:50:04 GMT, m II
wrote:

andre259 wrote:

Having recently pulled the old 380 out of the cupboard and blow the cob webs
off it has a problem.
With either fresh batteries or the 6v mains adaptor I keep getting the 'E'
error message on the display.
The clock/mem etc. is working OK but the radio is dead.
Has anyone had similar problems or any ideas.
Thanks

This thread was about a 390, but it may apply. He was getting the E
aslo. It may have been the power jack at fault.

http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en...m%26 rnum%3D1

mike

My thinking was that a 390 used 4d cells and 3 aa cells...I could
have been wrong but if I remember correctly the AA's can give that
problem when they are dead and that is with or without a power supply
connected.

Tracy
Old April 1st 04, 04:57 PM
Rob Mills

"andre259" wrote in message
With either fresh batteries or the 6v mains adaptor I keep getting the

'E' error message on the display.

Are you sure you have the batteries in right? The 4 AA's on your right all
point the + to the right and the 2AA's on your left both point the + to the
left. RM ~

Old April 1st 04, 07:14 PM
andre259

Hi Rob
Yes I checked this first, I also checked the voltage on the batteries, all
ok.

--
Chris

Old April 1st 04, 10:41 PM
Rob Mills

"andre259" wrote in message

Yes I checked this first, I also checked the voltage on the batteries, all

Okay, thought maybe you pulled the same stunt I did. I automatically
(creature of habit) reversed the polarity on second row on each side then
sat there like a dummy wondering why this thing don't work. RM~