RadioBanter

-   -   Sony ICF 2010 Problem/Help (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/41676-sony-icf-2010-problem-help.html)

Mike March 31st 04 09:36 PM

Sony ICF 2010 Problem/Help

I have one of the above models and haven't used it in a few years and
wanted to do so today. I put fresh batteries into the radio and turned it on
and could only get a "error.3" displayed and no normal radio actions. Anyone
know what could be wrong?

Mike

Volker Tonn March 31st 04 10:19 PM

Mike schrieb:

I have one of the above models and haven't used it in a few years and
wanted to do so today. I put fresh batteries into the radio and turned it on
and could only get a "error.3" displayed and no normal radio actions. Anyone
know what could be wrong?

There is a little "main power" switch on the left side of the radio.
Make sure it is switched to 'on'.
"error3" is power failure. Do you have a new set of the AA inserted?
This is for the memory and clock to work. Without good AA's there is the
error message. Have you put in the D-cells right? Or do you run it on
the mains? If the mains cord is inserted the D-cells are switched to
'off'. Then make sure the mains adaptor is working right or pull the
connector out from the radio.

hth,
odo

Mike April 1st 04 01:19 AM

Tom:

I found the problem. I opened up the back of the radio and cleaned up the
spring contacts from the back cover to the main circuit board. Everything is
operating A O.K.!

Thanks,

Mike