Old March 31st 04, 09:36 PM
Mike

Default Sony ICF 2010 Problem/Help

I have one of the above models and haven't used it in a few years and
wanted to do so today. I put fresh batteries into the radio and turned it on
and could only get a "error.3" displayed and no normal radio actions. Anyone
know what could be wrong?

Mike

Old March 31st 04, 10:19 PM
Volker Tonn

Mike schrieb:

I have one of the above models and haven't used it in a few years and
wanted to do so today. I put fresh batteries into the radio and turned it on
and could only get a "error.3" displayed and no normal radio actions. Anyone
know what could be wrong?

There is a little "main power" switch on the left side of the radio.
Make sure it is switched to 'on'.
"error3" is power failure. Do you have a new set of the AA inserted?
This is for the memory and clock to work. Without good AA's there is the
error message. Have you put in the D-cells right? Or do you run it on
the mains? If the mains cord is inserted the D-cells are switched to
'off'. Then make sure the mains adaptor is working right or pull the
connector out from the radio.

hth,
odo

Old April 1st 04, 01:19 AM
Mike

Tom:

I found the problem. I opened up the back of the radio and cleaned up the
spring contacts from the back cover to the main circuit board. Everything is
operating A O.K.!

Thanks,

Mike
"Volker Tonn" wrote in message

Mike schrieb:

[...]

CHEAP SONY 2010 REPAIR Smokey Shortwave 23 March 28th 04 03:48 PM
Sony 2010 help please Rob R. Shortwave 6 February 4th 04 11:45 PM
Opinions pls: Sony 2010 or Sony SW07 Rob R. Shortwave 2 January 2nd 04 12:01 PM
How much should I pay for a new sony 2010? tlin Shortwave 3 November 24th 03 09:01 AM