Old April 1st 04, 06:21 AM
Nobody

Default HSK9 - R. Thailand on 4980

Who is relaying Thailand in English from 0300 to 0330, and Thai from
0330 to 0430Z on 4980?
Old April 1st 04, 12:28 PM
N8KDV

Nobody wrote:

Who is relaying Thailand in English from 0300 to 0330, and Thai from
0330 to 0430Z on 4980?

Well, good question. They are using 5890 at that time via Delano,
California.

My question now is: What radio are you using? Possibly an image in your
own receiver?

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old April 1st 04, 12:37 PM
N8KDV

N8KDV wrote:

Nobody wrote:

Who is relaying Thailand in English from 0300 to 0330, and Thai from
0330 to 0430Z on 4980?

Well, good question. They are using 5890 at that time via Delano,
California.

My question now is: What radio are you using? Possibly an image in your
own receiver?

As an afterthought, 5980 - 4980 = 910 kHz. I'm guessing that possibly your
receiver has an IF frequency of 455 kHz. In which case this is most
probably an image in your receiver, moved by twice the IF frequency.

?

Old April 1st 04, 12:46 PM
N8KDV

N8KDV wrote:

N8KDV wrote:

Nobody wrote:

Who is relaying Thailand in English from 0300 to 0330, and Thai from
0330 to 0430Z on 4980?

Well, good question. They are using 5890 at that time via Delano,
California.

My question now is: What radio are you using? Possibly an image in your
own receiver?

As an afterthought, 5980 - 4980 = 910 kHz. I'm guessing that possibly your
receiver has an IF frequency of 455 kHz. In which case this is most
probably an image in your receiver, moved by twice the IF frequency.

Darn! Make that 5890 in the above equation!

?

Old April 2nd 04, 02:40 AM
Nobody

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 06:28:27 -0500, N8KDV
wrote:

Nobody wrote:

Who is relaying Thailand in English from 0300 to 0330, and Thai from
0330 to 0430Z on 4980?

Well, good question. They are using 5890 at that time via Delano,
California.

My question now is: What radio are you using? Possibly an image in your
own receiver?

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Yikes, you're right... thought the Sony 7600GR would be better than
that.