Old April 1st 04, 01:00 PM
N8KDV

Default Radio Korea Int. A04

RADIO KOREA INTERNATIONAL. RKI broadcasts in 10 different languages on
a total of 26 frequencies targeting 8 directions: Europe, North
America, South America, Southeast Asia, Middle East & Africa, China,
Japan and Non Direction. March 28, 2004

Languages Time (UTC) Frequencies (kHz)

Europe
Korean 1 09:00-11:00 13670
16:00-18:00 7275
17:00-19:00 9515
Korean 2 07:00-08:00 9535 (Skelton)
09:00-10:00 15210
Russian 16:00-17:00 9515
18:00-19:00 7275, 15360 (Skelton, new)
19:00-20:00 9515
20:00-21:00 7275
English 1 08:00-09:00 13670
19:00-20:00 7275
English 2 21:00-21:30 3955 (Skelton)
French 08:00-09:00 15210
19:00-20:00 6145 (Skelton)
German 07:00-08:00 15210
20:00-21:00 3955 (Skelton)
Spanish 07:00-08:00 13670
10:00-11:00 15210
20:00-20:30 9515
20:00-21:00 11775 (Sackville)
Chinese 23:00-24:00 7275

North America
Korean 2 01:00-02:00 15575
11:00-12:00 9650 (Sackville)
English 1 02:00-03:00 9560 (Sackville), 15575
12:00-13:00 9650 (Sackville)

South America
Korean 2 03:00-04:00 11810
English 1 02:00-03:00 11810 (Sackville)
Spanish 10:00-11:00 9580, 11795 (Sackville)
01:00-02:00 11810

Southeast Asia
Korean 1 09:00-11:00 9570
English 1 08:00-09:00 9570
13:00-14:00 9570, 9700 (new)
Indonesian 12:00-13:00 9570, 9700 (new)
14:00-15:00 9570, 9700 (new)
22:00-23:00 9640 (new)
24:00-01:00 9810 (new)
Chinese 23:00-24:00 9640 (new)

Middle East & Africa
Korean 1 16:00-18:00 15575 (new)
17:00-19:00 7150
18:00-20:00 9870
Arabic 19:00-20:00 15365 (Rampisham), 15575 (new)
20:00-21:00 7150 (new)
English 1 16:00-17:00 9870
French 16:00-17:00 7150
17:00-18:00 9870 (new)
18:00-19:00 15575 (new)
Russian 19:00-20:00 7150

China
Chinese 11:30-12:30 6065
21:00-22:00 9580 (new)

Japan
Japanese 00:00-01:00 11810
08:00-09:00 5975, 7275
11:00-12:00 7275
12:00-13:00 5975, 6135, 1170
14:00-15:00 5975, 7275
23:00-24:00 15575

Non Direction
Korean 1 09:00-11:00 5975, 7275
17:00-19:00 5975
21:00-23:00 5975
Korean 2 10:00-11:00 1170
12:00-13:00 7175
Chinese 13:00-14:00 5975, 6135, 1170, 7275
20:00-21:00 5975
23:00-24:00 5975
Russian 11:00-12:00 5975, 6135, 1170
English 1 16:00-17:00 5975
19:00-20:00 5975

English Program Service 1

00-10 Daily NEWS
10-15 Mon-Fri NEWS COMMENTARY
10-60 Sat WORLDWIDE FRIENDSHIP
Sun KOREAN POP INTERACTIVE
15-45 Mon-Fri SEOUL CALLING [Fri until :60]
45-60 Mon KOREA, TODAY AND TOMORROW
Tue KOREAN KALEIDOSCOPE
Wed WONDERFUL KOREA
Thu SEOUL REPORT

English Program Service 2

00-10 Daily NEWS
10-15 Mon-Fri NEWS COMMENTARY
10-30 Sat WORLDWIDE FRIENDSHIP
Sun KOREAN POP INTERACTIVE
15-30 Mon KOREA TODAY AND TOMORROW
Tue KOREAN KALEIDOSCOPE
Wed WONDERFUL KOREA
Thu SEOUL REPORT
Fri SEOUL CALLING

Worldwide Friendship: Designed to bring RKI producers into close
contact with our listeners, through conventional letters or post-
cards, E-mails, faxes and the Internet. Your support has always been
a source of pride and encouragement for all of us here in the English
Service. We hope to combine the very best elements of both
``Multiwave Feedback`` and ``From Us To You,`` so that our listeners
may enjoy a warm, chatty format, along with some solid information
about worldwide DXing. This program will air on Saturdays, as that
is most people`s day to relax.

Korean Pop Interactive: In response to an overwhelming number of
letters requesting a variety of Korean music, this show will continue
to bring you cutting-edge pop music, while adding golden oldies and
interview clips as well. The brand new show will be a full 50
minutes, and have not ONE but TWO hosts walking you through the
charts! It will continue to be broadcast every Sunday.

Seoul Report: RKI`s unique interview show, where guests might be
Koreans, expats, or visitors, whose achievements have put them in the
spotlight. This program helps you catch a first-hand glimpse of
people in all walks of life, who make up the fascinating diversity
that is modern Korea.

Wonderful Korea: Established on the occasion of the 2002 Visit Korea
Year. You can have a glance at a whole gamut of Korean scenic spots
and tourists attractions by just tuning to this program every
Wednesday. We try to give you the sense that you have really toured a
particular destination on each show. Please join us and visit Korea
every week! If you happen to miss the program on the radio, RKI
stores every show in our internet archives. A virtual tour of Korea
is yours just for the clicking...

Korean Kaleidoscope: Look more closely at the intricately-woven
fabric of Korean society. This show examines the latest nuances of
Korea, encompassing the ever-changing aspects of its economy and
social phenomena. Running the whole spectrum from what`s trendy,
through what people are hoping for their children, to how society`s
views are evolving, this program keeps your finger on the pulse of
Korea!

Korea, Today and Tomorrow: South and North Korea have shared the same
ethnic people, common language and history over the centuries. Sadly,
inter-Korean contacts have stopped for some half a century. By
listening in to this program every Monday, you can keep track of the
latest developments on the Korean peninsula. This show gives you a
chance to form your own opinion on what lies ahead in terms of
reconciliation and cooperation between the two Koreas.

Seoul Calling: Broadcast from Monday through Friday, this is a week-
day show, with an omnibus-style, in which we introduce you to a feast
of tid-bits about our country. On the menu are various episodes,
sketches and anecdotes, spiced with facts, little-known trivia and
the latest music, served with a generous portion of humor and warmth.
In addition, ``Let`s Learn Korean,`` our language lesson corner, is
part of the show on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. This is designed
to work in tandem with the texts stored on the RKI Internet homepage,
to help you master the mysterious. enchanting language of Korea!
(RKI web site via John Norfolk, DXLD)

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B