Old April 5th 04, 05:58 PM
4nradio

Default RTM Malaysia-Kuching, 4895

MALAYSIA 4895, RTM Kuching-Stapok, 1345-1557* Apr. 5. I followed this one
for over two hours, just to see how long the signal would linger in the 60mb
from my location. RTM was at a steady, good level past 1515 when it degraded
to fair all the way to an abrupt sign-off at 1557*, which is 2 hours 20 min.
past my local sunrise. Programming was mostly a variety-type show hosted by
a female announcer (presumed Iban lang.) who took phone calls and played
Asian pop tunes; there were occasional mentions of Malaysia. The plug was
pulled at 1557* at the end of a song, without announcements. The open
carrier disappeared a minute later. Thanks to Wilkins & Schulze for tips on
this reactivated frequency. (Atkins-WA)

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA USA
modded RA6790GM and R-75 receivers
Kiwa MAP / ERGO software / Timewave DSP-59+
700 ft. Western Beverage ant.