Old April 5th 04, 07:18 PM
Mark S. Holden

Default Spielberg now filming The Crusades

Dave wrote:

Spielberg's Answer to Gibson's Passion: I'm Filming The Crusades

snipped the rest of an urban legend

This is a hoax.

See

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_spielberg_crusades.htm
Old April 5th 04, 08:50 PM
Diverd4777

Thought so . . .

Old April 6th 04, 02:04 AM
m II

Mark S. Holden wrote:

This is a hoax.

See

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_spielberg_crusades.htm

A movie like that would be REALLY detrimental to a certain GW Bush and
gang. Bush already called his invasion a Crusade. What a maroon.

mike
Old April 6th 04, 02:17 AM
Brian Hill

"m II" wrote in message
Mark S. Holden wrote:

This is a hoax.

See

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_spielberg_crusades.htm

A movie like that would be REALLY detrimental to a certain GW Bush and
gang. Bush already called his invasion a Crusade. What a maroon.

mike

Its not stupid to call it a crusade. It just means to make a determined
attempt to achieve something which you believe in strongly.

--
73 Brian
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianehill/

Old April 6th 04, 02:26 AM
Brenda Ann Dyer

Mark S. Holden wrote:

This is a hoax.

See

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_spielberg_crusades.htm

A movie like that would be REALLY detrimental to a certain GW Bush and
gang. Bush already called his invasion a Crusade. What a maroon.

The Crusades, like the Inquistion, were among the darkest, most evil times
in all of Christendom, and were directly responsible for the Dark Ages. It
seems strange to me that before the Crusades, nearly all human knowledge was
concentrated in libraries built and maintained by Islam.. and Islam was the
far more civilised and forward-thinking... gotta wonder what happened..
maybe they are still REALLY ****ed about it??

Old April 6th 04, 02:42 AM
m II

Brian Hill wrote:

Its not stupid to call it a crusade. It just means to make a determined
attempt to achieve something which you believe in strongly.

The Arabs used to threaten misbehaving children with a visit by King
Richard. The crusaders were known to wipe out whole villages, killing
every living thing in them. Men, women, children, animals. Then they
stole whatever could be moved.

Most Arabs consider the Crusades as genocide.

It was a very unfortunate choice of words for Mr. Bush to use and I
believe he actually apologized for it's use.

====================================
The Crusades were a series of wars by Western European Christians to
recapture the Holy Land from the Muslims. The Crusades began in 1095 and
ended in the mid- or late 13th century. The term Crusade was originally
applied solely to European efforts to retake from the Muslims the city
of Jerusalem, which was sacred to Christians as the site of the
crucifixion of Jesus Christ. It was later used to designate any military
effort by Europeans against non-Christians.

http://ragz-international.com/crusades.htm
=====================================

Old April 6th 04, 03:20 AM
m II

Brenda Ann Dyer wrote:

The Crusades, like the Inquistion, were among the darkest, most evil times
in all of Christendom, and were directly responsible for the Dark Ages. It
seems strange to me that before the Crusades, nearly all human knowledge was
concentrated in libraries built and maintained by Islam.. and Islam was the
far more civilised and forward-thinking... gotta wonder what happened..
maybe they are still REALLY ****ed about it??

I would think so. During the third crusade, Richard beheaded over two
thousand prisoners. The Christian invaders developed a reputation for
being lying *******s.

In one the last Crusades, the would be heroes didn't have many
resources, so they raided Constantinople instead. What a farce.

mike

--

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
/ /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /

..let the cat out to reply..
Old April 6th 04, 03:27 AM
GrtPmpkin32

It was a very unfortunate choice of words for Mr. Bush to use and I
believe he actually apologized for it's use.

I'm not in the business of defending any politician, but usage of the word
'crusade', or 'inquisition', or even 'holocaust' is not a socially
inappropriate thing to do. Those words were around long before their
'capitalized' versions became the names of those particular events, and have
been in safe, common and calm usage ever since.
But the MAIN point of any addition from me to this thread is as has already
been stated. It's a hoax.
Linus
Old April 6th 04, 03:50 AM
Brenda Ann Dyer

"metonymy" wrote in message
The Crusades, like the Inquistion, were among the darkest, most evil

times
in all of Christendom, and were directly responsible for the Dark Ages.

It
seems strange to me that before the Crusades, nearly all human knowledge

was
concentrated in libraries built and maintained by Islam.. and Islam was

the
far more civilised and forward-thinking... gotta wonder what happened..
maybe they are still REALLY ****ed about it??

You flunk history.

Don't think so.. history was my best subject in HS.. with a B+ average. And
that was 30 years ago, before Columbus became a conquistador (note the small
'c') rather than an explorer. They also taught us in-depth about the rise
of Hitler, which at the time was still fresh in the minds of many adults,
including my own father, who had come to the US to get away from the Nazi's,
and is very dismayed at what is happening in our country now being very
closely parallel to what was happening there in the 30's...