Old April 5th 04, 09:00 PM
Yodar

Default SATELLITE 800

Has anyone seen the unlabeled receiver resembling the Satelite 800
illustrated on the TECSUN website?

....Would that Lipyn offered THOSE at similar price breaks that he does
the R350

Yodar
Old April 5th 04, 09:27 PM
Brenda Ann Dyer

"Yodar" wrote in message
news
Has anyone seen the unlabeled receiver resembling the Satelite 800
illustrated on the TECSUN website?

...Would that Lipyn offered THOSE at similar price breaks that he does
the R350

I've been trying to find one of the Tecsun HAM 2000's.. so far no luck. I'm
thinking of using my frequent flier miles for a trip to Hong Kong in search
of...

Old April 6th 04, 12:35 AM
CitizenSnips

"Brenda Ann Dyer" wrote in message

"Yodar" wrote in message
news
Has anyone seen the unlabeled receiver resembling the Satelite 800
illustrated on the TECSUN website?

...Would that Lipyn offered THOSE at similar price breaks that he does
the R350

I've been trying to find one of the Tecsun HAM 2000's.. so far no luck.

I'm
thinking of using my frequent flier miles for a trip to Hong Kong in

search
of...

Interesting....

http://www.tecsun.com.cn/english/pro...00-inside1.htm

---

Old April 6th 04, 12:42 AM
Dan

In article b3mcc.54463$_U.10908@lakeread05,
"CitizenSnips" wrote:

I've been trying to find one of the Tecsun HAM 2000's.. so far no luck.

I'm
thinking of using my frequent flier miles for a trip to Hong Kong in

search
of...

Interesting....

http://www.tecsun.com.cn/english/pro...00-inside1.htm

It is well-known that the HAM 2000 is the same radio as the Satellit
800. At least, I *thought* it was well-known. Passport documents
this.

Dan

Drake R8, Radio Shack DX-440,
Grundig Satellit 650, Satellit 700, YB400
Tecsun PL-230 (YB550PE), Kaito KA1102
Hallicraters S-120 (1962)
Zenith black dial 5 tube Tombstone (1937)
E. H. Scott 23 tube Imperial Allwave in Tasman cabinet (1936)
Old April 6th 04, 01:34 AM
Brenda Ann Dyer

"CitizenSnips" wrote:

I've been trying to find one of the Tecsun HAM 2000's.. so far no

luck.
I'm
thinking of using my frequent flier miles for a trip to Hong Kong in

search
of...

Interesting....

http://www.tecsun.com.cn/english/pro...00-inside1.htm

It is well-known that the HAM 2000 is the same radio as the Satellit
800. At least, I *thought* it was well-known. Passport documents
this.

Yep... known it for quite a while.. I figure I can pick one up for a lot
less than paying for that Grundig badge..

Old April 6th 04, 01:43 AM
Brian Hill

"Brenda Ann Dyer" wrote in message Yep... known it
for quite a while.. I figure I can pick one up for a lot
less than paying for that Grundig badge..

So how much are these compared to the 800?

--
73 Brian
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianehill/

Old April 6th 04, 02:19 AM
Brenda Ann Dyer

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"Brenda Ann Dyer" wrote in message Yep... known

it
for quite a while.. I figure I can pick one up for a lot
less than paying for that Grundig badge..

So how much are these compared to the 800?

That's what I'm still trying to find out.. if the difference is similar to
that of other Tecsun OEM radios and their Grundig badged counterparts, it
should be around $300 or less..

Old April 6th 04, 03:01 AM
Dan

In article ,
"Brenda Ann Dyer" wrote:

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"Brenda Ann Dyer" wrote in message Yep... known

it
for quite a while.. I figure I can pick one up for a lot
less than paying for that Grundig badge..

So how much are these compared to the 800?

That's what I'm still trying to find out.. if the difference is similar to
that of other Tecsun OEM radios and their Grundig badged counterparts, it
should be around $300 or less..

The problem will be finding one.

Old April 6th 04, 03:30 AM
Brenda Ann Dyer

"Dan" wrote in message
In article ,
"Brenda Ann Dyer" wrote:

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"Brenda Ann Dyer" wrote in message Yep...

known
it
for quite a while.. I figure I can pick one up for a lot
less than paying for that Grundig badge..

So how much are these compared to the 800?

That's what I'm still trying to find out.. if the difference is similar

that of other Tecsun OEM radios and their Grundig badged counterparts,

it
should be around $300 or less..

The problem will be finding one.

Maybe not so big of a problem here.. I'm actually in Asia to start with, and
only a few hundred miles from either Tokyo or Beijing/Hong Kong/Taipei...

Old April 6th 04, 03:37 AM
Dan

In article ,
"Brenda Ann Dyer" wrote:

Maybe not so big of a problem here.. I'm actually in Asia to start with, and
only a few hundred miles from either Tokyo or Beijing/Hong Kong/Taipei...

Ah yes, I see. I wasn't reading your headers! Yes, you should be
able to find one. Let us know the price if you do!