Old April 6th 04, 04:24 PM
Nyimbo

Default Sat 700 recharging question- ni-mh

I've used rechargable nicads in my 700 for several years. Can I use
the NI-MH with the radio recharging internally.

I know I can use the batteries but can I recharge them inside the
radio?

Nyimbo
Old April 6th 04, 09:50 PM
John KB5AG

yep. The S700 charges batteries at only 65ma, so it will take a long time to
bring high capacity D cell nimh batteries to a full charge from dead. OTOH,
you won't overcharge them, no matter how long you leave the radio plugged
in.

I only use my S700 occasionally, so I don't feel any particular need for
high capacity batteries. I think the ones I have in it are those yellow
Eveready D cells, which are so light I swear they must have only an AA
battery inside. Even so, they are good for several hours' use, and when they
die I just plug the radio in for a few days until I want to take it portable
again.

Remember to set the little switch inside the battery compartment to "ACCU",
and DON'T leave it that way if you use alkaline batteries (it will try to
charge them when you plug it in). My Dad forgot to switch his S500, plugged
the radio in for several days and the alkalines leaked all over the set!

John

s.com...

Interesting question JAMES HAMPTON CB 3 December 7th 04 09:34 AM
Stacking Distance Question. More Information ab5mm Antenna 8 June 5th 04 08:18 AM
BPL Video On-Line JJ Policy 31 August 17th 03 09:12 PM
Question regarding police tactics and scanners noobie Scanner 0 July 29th 03 12:48 AM