Old April 9th 04, 09:50 AM
Mike Terry

Default R. Nacional de Venezuela

I wonder if anyone else in the group has logged R. Nacional de Venezuela of
late(?) I caught them this (local) afternoon 4/8 at 1941 UTC:

Light "musica tropical" at 1941 on 9540 khz (curiously, I have 9550 khz
written in my logbook but I am sure I must mean 9540???) to a "Radio
Nacional de
Venezuela, Antena Nacional" ID/slogan at 1943 into a (W) w/ tlk in SP. The
ID
was at a fairly good level but the audio of what followed was so weak as to
be
nearly unreadable as to content.

Are they back on the air ... testing maybe?? I had understood that the
station was inactive.

Jim Clar (Rochester, NY)

(dxld)

Old April 9th 04, 11:49 AM
N8KDV

Mike Terry wrote:

I wonder if anyone else in the group has logged R. Nacional de Venezuela of
late(?) I caught them this (local) afternoon 4/8 at 1941 UTC:

Light "musica tropical" at 1941 on 9540 khz (curiously, I have 9550 khz
written in my logbook but I am sure I must mean 9540???) to a "Radio
Nacional de
Venezuela, Antena Nacional" ID/slogan at 1943 into a (W) w/ tlk in SP. The
ID
was at a fairly good level but the audio of what followed was so weak as to
be
nearly unreadable as to content.

Are they back on the air ... testing maybe?? I had understood that the
station was inactive.

Jim Clar (Rochester, NY)

(dxld)

That's always a possibility I suppose, however there is no indication that
anyone is hearing them as of 4 April according to the LA SW Logs posted at:

http://www.sover.net/~hackmohr/sw.htm

Perhaps they have reactivated.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old April 9th 04, 12:05 PM
N8KDV

N8KDV wrote:

Mike Terry wrote:

[...]

Now that I think about it 9550 is a Radio Havana freq. and I recall them relaying
a pgm from or/regarding Venezuela called 'Hallo Presidente...' or something like
that. Perhaps this is what it was?

Old April 9th 04, 11:50 PM
Caribbean Listener

I use to work at RNV in the early 1990s as their English language
newscaster. We always had problem with the transmitter. As of late,
they have been off the air on shortwave and yes, the freq is 9540 kHz.
The px you may have heard is "Alo presidente" relayed from Cuba and
produced by RNV.

A similar relay can be heard from Radio Exterior Argentina, which
retransmits px from Radio Nacional and other outlets on 11710.kHz

Marty
San Juan, PR