RadioBanter

-   -   Just Curious.......... (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/41897-just-curious.html)

GO BEARCATS April 10th 04 09:33 AM

Just Curious..........

Did anyone other than myself in here get to catch Amos & Andy tonight at
0400UCT on WBCQ? It was good.

~*~*Monitoring The AirWaves~*~
*****GO BEARCATS*****
Hammarlund HQ129X /Heathkit Q Multiplier
Hammarlund HQ140X
Multiple GE P-780's(GREAT BCB Radios)
RCA Victor *Strato- World*
RCA Victor RJC77W-K(Walnut Grain)
1942 Zenith Wave Magnet 6G 601M
Cathedral/ Ross#2311/Rhapsody-MultiBand
DX100/394/398/399/402
OMGS Transistor Eight/Realistic 12-1451
Henry Kloss Model One/Bell+Howell
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alpha Delta DX Sloper 57ft.
600ft. 12AWG. (non-terminated)
120ft. 12 AWG Sloper
2 Radio Shack Loop Antennas
Radio Shack Amplified Antenna
30X30 DiamondLoop(six section 830pf Cap)
* Diamond Loop mounted to Lazy Susan TurnTable*

Stinger April 10th 04 02:31 PM

"GO BEARCATS" wrote in message
Did anyone other than myself in here get to catch Amos & Andy tonight at
0400UCT on WBCQ? It was good.

~*~*Monitoring The AirWaves~*~
*****GO BEARCATS*****
Hammarlund HQ129X /Heathkit Q Multiplier
Hammarlund HQ140X
Multiple GE P-780's(GREAT BCB Radios)
RCA Victor *Strato- World*
RCA Victor RJC77W-K(Walnut Grain)
1942 Zenith Wave Magnet 6G 601M
Cathedral/ Ross#2311/Rhapsody-MultiBand
DX100/394/398/399/402
OMGS Transistor Eight/Realistic 12-1451
Henry Kloss Model One/Bell+Howell
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alpha Delta DX Sloper 57ft.
600ft. 12AWG. (non-terminated)
120ft. 12 AWG Sloper
2 Radio Shack Loop Antennas
Radio Shack Amplified Antenna
30X30 DiamondLoop(six section 830pf Cap)
* Diamond Loop mounted to Lazy Susan TurnTable*

I didn't last night, but I have many times before.

WBCQ is a national treasure for SWL's.

For me, he most enjoyable thing about WBCQ is that can tune it in once an
hour in any four consecutive hours, and it will seem like four different
radio stations -- you never know WHAT you'll hear on WBCQ (well, unless you
check their program guide -- but why spoil the surprise!).

I have high hopes that WRMI in Miami will follow their lead. I used to
enjoy them when the IBC "network" was on the air there.

-- Stinger

Diverd4777 April 10th 04 03:01 PM

In article , "Stinger"
writes:

WBCQ is a national treasure for SWL's.

- True;

They are starting a $100,000 fund raising drive to Get Off The Grid and
Go to Wind Generated power;

On AWW last night Allan figured if each listener mails in just $10.00 it'll be
enough

Dan

N8KDV April 10th 04 03:06 PM

Diverd4777 wrote:

In article , "Stinger"
writes:

WBCQ is a national treasure for SWL's.

- True;

They are starting a $100,000 fund raising drive to Get Off The Grid and
Go to Wind Generated power;

On AWW last night Allan figured if each listener mails in just $10.00 it'll be
enough

Is he saying that only 10,000 people listen to the station?

That's not much of an audience.

Frank Dresser April 10th 04 03:12 PM

"Diverd4777" wrote in message

They are starting a $100,000 fund raising drive to Get Off The Grid and
Go to Wind Generated power;

On AWW last night Allan figured if each listener mails in just $10.00

it'll be
enough

Dan

I heard that. Can he really get a used 500kw wind turbine up and running
for only $100,000?

Frank Dresser

Frank Dresser April 10th 04 03:14 PM

"N8KDV" wrote in message

Is he saying that only 10,000 people listen to the station?

That's not much of an audience.

He figured 10,000 people were listening to the show last night.

Frank Dresser

Diverd4777 April 10th 04 10:44 PM

In article , "Frank
Dresser" writes:

Is he saying that only 10,000 people listen to the station?

That's not much of an audience.

He figured 10,000 people were listening to the show last night.

Frank Dresser

10,000 listeners is pretty good compared to the # of people
now listening to Howard Stern

( & willl mail in my $10... )

Dan

Brenda Ann Dyer April 10th 04 11:21 PM

"Diverd4777" wrote in message
In article ,

"Frank
Dresser" writes:

Is he saying that only 10,000 people listen to the station?

That's not much of an audience.

He figured 10,000 people were listening to the show last night.

Frank Dresser

10,000 listeners is pretty good compared to the # of people
now listening to Howard Stern

I should imagine that a much greater number than 10,000 still listen to
Howard Stern. Crummy Channel dropped him from the 6 stations of theirs that
were carrying him.. but Infinity is still carrying him, as they are the ones
that hold his contract..

Telamon April 11th 04 12:22 AM

Dresser" writes:

Is he saying that only 10,000 people listen to the station?

That's not much of an audience.

He figured 10,000 people were listening to the show last night.

Frank Dresser

10,000 listeners is pretty good compared to the # of people
now listening to Howard Stern

I should imagine that a much greater number than 10,000 still listen to
Howard Stern. Crummy Channel dropped him from the 6 stations of theirs that
were carrying him.. but Infinity is still carrying him, as they are the ones
that hold his contract..

Well that might change soon.

--
Telamon