Old April 11th 04, 04:24 PM
Soames123

Default "Bush Ranch" a set for TV Reporters ??

http://www.democrats.com/view.cfm?id=6687

The Bush family homestead in Crawford is nothing more than an elaborate set.
The house, built in 2000, was designed to be ready for Bush to step into - like
a set awaiting an actor - during the 2000 presidential election.
Not only was the "ranch" created in 2000 - so, essentially, was the "town" of
Crawford!
Before then only about 400 people lived in the area.

The Crawford Chamber of Commerce and Agriculture were formed shortly after the
ranch was finished.

Old April 11th 04, 04:38 PM
David

Where the reporters stand, with therustic building and round hay bales
is nowhere near the Prairie Chapel Berchesgarten.

Old April 11th 04, 06:31 PM
Stinger

Gosh, this is going to come as a big surprise to the guests that he's had
there over the last few years (including Vladimir Putin and his wife).

Step awaaaay from the kool-aid.

-- Stinger

Old April 12th 04, 06:26 AM
WShoots1

Before then only about 400 people lived in the area.

The ranch part may be true, but my 1988 Texas atlas shows that the incorporated
town on the Sante Fe had a population of 638 people within the town limits. Of
course, some people may have left Crawford before 2000.

Bill, K5BY