Old April 11th 04, 07:47 PM
Jeff Long

Default Sangean 909/ Radio Shack DX- 398

Any comments on this receiver? I have the 398 and love it! Just got the
Radio Labs modifacations!

Me

Old April 11th 04, 09:40 PM
Stinger

"Jeff Long" wrote in message
Any comments on this receiver? I have the 398 and love it! Just got the
Radio Labs modifacations!

Me

I couldn't agree more. The RadioLabs "Super 909" modifications make that a
very impressive portable shortwave receiver.

-- Stinger

Old April 11th 04, 10:30 PM
Tim Davisson

I just bought a new AT-909 withOUT the modifications, and still think it's a
teriffic little radio.

Fry Electronics closed out a number of 909's at just $129.99...and I bought
one. And, am I glad I did!

I've been an SWL off and on since the early 1960's when I was a little
kid...and have used all kinds of big, bulky receivers.

Seems like a really nice portable...and you can't beat the price!

Tim (Akron, Ohio)

Old April 11th 04, 11:33 PM
B Williams

"Jeff Long" wrote in message ...
Any comments on this receiver? I have the 398 and love it! Just got the
Radio Labs modifacations!

Me

I have used the DX398 for three years anow and fins out it to be a very
good portbale for the money. It is not very good with whip antenna
but one connected to an external antenna. There is a big difference.

I also have Sony ICF-7600GR. I still find the DX398 easier to operate.

BW
Old April 12th 04, 01:20 AM
Bruce Romero

Has anyone with the Radiolabs mods had any problems with tuning sideband? It
seems that I can't tune the signal completely in. There is always a warble
in the received audio. Its as if the radio is overloaded in a bad way even
on the whip antenna..The audio is understandable but I just cannot tune out
the warble..Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong if anything..
Bruce

Old April 25th 04, 04:07 AM
Incognito

47 Reviews at eHam URL:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/542

FAQ at URL:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze20h45/r...ats909faq.html

Netherlands Review at URL:
http://www.rnw.nl/realradio/ats909.html

My review -- Outstanding --- particularly with the external roll up antenna

--
Incognito By Necessity (:-(

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
- - -Harry S Truman