Old April 12th 04, 01:38 PM
Al Arduengo

Default Communicatin w/909?

Does anyone have the specs for the communication protocol used on the
909? I am itching to play with the inputs on the bottom. I suspect
these are used to set the presets from the factory but there could be
some use for them otherwise. Are "Data In A/B" I2C? Is it some sort
of proprietary protocol?

Best,
-Al
--
remove NUNYA to email me
~/.signature
Old April 12th 04, 11:14 PM
Stinger

"Al Arduengo" wrote in message
Does anyone have the specs for the communication protocol used on the
909? I am itching to play with the inputs on the bottom. I suspect
these are used to set the presets from the factory but there could be
some use for them otherwise. Are "Data In A/B" I2C? Is it some sort
of proprietary protocol?

Best,
-Al
--
remove NUNYA to email me
~/.signature

The best information I've seen on it is "The Hacker's Guide to the Sangean
ATS-909 Memory system, which can be found he

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze20h45/r...emory.html#top

-- Stinger

Old April 13th 04, 05:29 AM
Telamon

In article ,
Al Arduengo wrote:

Does anyone have the specs for the communication protocol used on the
909? I am itching to play with the inputs on the bottom. I suspect
these are used to set the presets from the factory but there could be
some use for them otherwise. Are "Data In A/B" I2C? Is it some sort
of proprietary protocol?

I2C is pronounced "I", "squared", "C" and is a standard serial
communications port. Two lines clock and data. Fairly low speed up to a
few 10's of MHz. Try a google search.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old April 13th 04, 03:06 PM
Al Arduengo

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
Al Arduengo wrote:

Does anyone have the specs for the communication protocol used on the
909? I am itching to play with the inputs on the bottom. I suspect
these are used to set the presets from the factory but there could be
some use for them otherwise. Are "Data In A/B" I2C? Is it some sort
of proprietary protocol?

I2C is pronounced "I", "squared", "C" and is a standard serial
communications port. Two lines clock and data. Fairly low speed up to a
few 10's of MHz. Try a google search.

I knew this. :-) Thanks.