Old April 13th 04, 01:39 AM
Frank Halaburak

Default the end

This afternoon I happened to catch the last ever broadcast of Swiss Radio
International.
Another one bites the dust ! We here in Canada are waiting for the end of
Radio Canada
International. They have been cutting their budget for a few years now, It
shouldn't be too
long now..................

73, Frank

Old April 13th 04, 04:57 AM
Paul_Morphy

"Frank Halaburak" wrote in message
news
This afternoon I happened to catch the last ever broadcast of Swiss

Radio
International.
Another one bites the dust ! We here in Canada are waiting for the end

of
Radio Canada
International. They have been cutting their budget for a few years now,

It
shouldn't be too
long now..................

In 1963, while on vacation with my parents, I visited the Sackville, NB, RCI
transmitter site. During the standard tour I mentioned that I was a ham, and
we were introduced to one of the engineers, whose call I believe was VE1KC.
Then we got the real tour, of the antenna-phasing room and the power supply
room, about the size of an olympic swimmng pool, big buss bars above huge
transformers, glowing mercury vapor rectifier tubes. And what an antenna
farm! I don't lust for the listening equipment of that era, but the
programming was a lot more diverse and interesting than the lame pirates,
religious zealots and anti-Castro propaganda I hear now.

"PM"

Old April 13th 04, 06:49 AM
Telamon

In article ,
"Paul_Morphy" wrote:

[...]

Referring to "anti-Castro propaganda" you must have a high tolerance for
bubble jammers

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old April 13th 04, 06:52 AM
Telamon

In article ,
"Frank Halaburak" wrote:

This afternoon I happened to catch the last ever broadcast of Swiss
Radio International. Another one bites the dust ! We here in Canada
are waiting for the end of Radio Canada International. They have
been cutting their budget for a few years now, It shouldn't be too

The ionosphere is falling... the ionosphere is falling!

--
Telamon
Ventura, California