RadioBanter

-   -   Air America (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/42002-air-america.html)

Stephen M.H. Lawrence April 15th 04 02:00 AM

Air America

"They bounced a check today," Liu told the paper. "It's a default. They have
paid only a very small portion of what they owe us."

"They've been saying, 'We're going to get you the money' for the past two
months," he added.

Let's see....they didn't pay as promised....and were removed from
the airwaves in Chicago and LA.

Makes sense to me; what part of that don't the Comsymps
understand?

73,

Steve Lawrence
KA0PMD
Burnsville, MN

---

RHF April 15th 04 07:40 AM

SMHK,

? "Comsymps" ?

iwtk ~ RHF
..
..
= = = link.net...

Brenda Ann Dyer April 15th 04 07:51 AM

"RHF" wrote in message
om...
SMHK,

? "Comsymps" ?

Rightspeak shorthand for Democrats.. short for Communist Sympathizers.

FWIW, communism as an ideal is not a bad one.. problems come when people
administrate it. :) Pretty much the same with any ideal, whether political,
social or religious..

Don Brady April 15th 04 09:39 AM

OK I found out what happened from a NY Times article.

Air America had paid for March, but did not actually use the time.

Meanwhile, during that period, the station's owner rented the time out to
another broadcaster and collected those amounts from the other broadcaster.

When Air America found out, they claimed that they should be credited with the
amount paid by the other broadcaster. In other words, that the owner should
have to account for revenue he received selling time that Air America had
already paid for.

I think they will be found to be correct on that......

RHF April 15th 04 08:24 PM

Don Brady wrote in message . ..
OK I found out what happened from a NY Times article.

Air America had paid for March, but did not actually use the time.

Meanwhile, during that period, the station's owner rented the time out to
another broadcaster and collected those amounts from the other broadcaster.

When Air America found out, they claimed that they should be credited with the
amount paid by the other broadcaster. In other words, that the owner should
have to account for revenue he received selling time that Air America had
already paid for.

I think they will be found to be correct on that......

DB,

NO - I Think that Everyone Needs to READ the Contract
that was Signed by the two parties.

jm2cw ~ RHF

..

Tom Betz April 16th 04 01:07 AM

Quoth (RHF) in
om:

NO - I Think that Everyone Needs to READ the Contract
that was Signed by the two parties.

Well, a judge did that today, and Air America wil be back on in Chicago.

http://web.morons.org/article.jsp?sectionid=7&id=4859

--
"I am afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they
charitably dispose of anything when blood is their argument? Now, if these

RHF April 16th 04 10:30 AM

TB,

Are you an 'employee' of Air America ?

Or, just a 'fellow traveler' ?

iwtk ~ RHF
..
..
= = = Tom Betz wrote in message
= = = .70...
Quoth (RHF) in
om:

Tom Betz April 16th 04 12:54 PM

Quoth (RHF) in
om:
Are you an 'employee' of Air America ?

Or, just a 'fellow traveler' ?

I'm a radio junkie who's tired of hearing the Multi-National Corporate-
Controlled Media from nearly every spot on the dial and who enjoys hearing
something different on the air for a change.

I'm also someone who values truth.

= = = Tom Betz wrote in message
= = = .70...
Quoth
(RHF) in
om:

N8KDV April 16th 04 12:57 PM

Tom Betz wrote:

Quoth (RHF) in
om:
Are you an 'employee' of Air America ?

Or, just a 'fellow traveler' ?

I'm a radio junkie who's tired of hearing the Multi-National Corporate-
Controlled Media from nearly every spot on the dial and who enjoys hearing
something different on the air for a change.

I'm also someone who values truth.

Then why would you want to listen to Air America?