Old April 15th 04, 04:26 AM
Cliff at the Shack

Default 6507 mystery marker

Heard at the Shack on the Bayou in southeast Texas:

0225-0255, April 15, 2004 UTC
6507 kHz USB

Voice marker
Buenadía Radio (Ondadía? Holadía? something?)
Alternating English and Spanish(?)
Giving times or frequencies 806, 1252, 1629, 1640, 2210, 2217, spoken
in English like "twelve fifty-two"

Back on briefly at 0310

Here's a wma audio file of the English part:
http://www.ghg.net/cliffwatts/transfer/6507_marker.wma

The 2001 Ferrell's CFL gives several coast stations on this frequency,
but none look like this.

Wow! I've been listening to short-wave thirty-five years and there's
still new stuff!

---------------------------
Registered Monitor BR549
The Shack on the Bayou - www.ghg.net/cliffwatts/

Drake R8, Sony ICF-SW100, Heathkit GR-64 (retired)
Realistic Pro-2006, Bearcat BC-245XLT
Old April 15th 04, 04:38 AM
tommyknocker

Cliff at the Shack wrote:

Heard at the Shack on the Bayou in southeast Texas:

0225-0255, April 15, 2004 UTC
6507 kHz USB

Voice marker
Buenadía Radio (Ondadía? Holadía? something?)
Alternating English and Spanish(?)

"Buenadia" could mean "good day" in English. ("Buena" = "good"; "dia" =
"day".) Possibly a new religious station, or a pirate-there's lots of
pirates from Europe in the area.

Old April 15th 04, 12:50 PM
N8KDV

tommyknocker wrote:

Cliff at the Shack wrote:

Heard at the Shack on the Bayou in southeast Texas:

0225-0255, April 15, 2004 UTC
6507 kHz USB

Voice marker
Buenadía Radio (Ondadía? Holadía? something?)
Alternating English and Spanish(?)

You may have been hearing Olympia Radio from Greece. It's a Maritime Coastal
Station. They do English and Greek.

Currently I'm hearing an Australian Coastal Station at 1145.

There are still a lot of stations globally that use the frequency.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Old April 15th 04, 04:33 PM
Simon Mason

"N8KDV" wrote in message

You may have been hearing Olympia Radio from Greece. It's a Maritime

Coastal
Station. They do English and Greek.

You're right. She says "This is Olympia Radio" "Call ??? 806, 1256, 1629,
1640, 2210 and 2217."
--
Simon Mason
Anlaby

Old April 17th 04, 03:13 PM
Cliff at the Shack

The consensus on rec.radio.shortwave and the utility_listening Yahoo
group is that this is Olympia Radio.

It still doesn't sound to me like she's saying "Olympia", but I guess
you guys are right.

Thanks for the responses.

---------------------------

Old April 17th 04, 03:20 PM
N8KDV

Cliff at the Shack wrote:

The consensus on rec.radio.shortwave and the utility_listening Yahoo
group is that this is Olympia Radio.

It still doesn't sound to me like she's saying "Olympia", but I guess
you guys are right.

It's the Greek accent.

Old April 17th 04, 07:34 PM
RedOctober90

N8KDV wrote in message ...
Cliff at the Shack wrote:

The consensus on rec.radio.shortwave and the utility_listening Yahoo
group is that this is Olympia Radio.

It still doesn't sound to me like she's saying "Olympia", but I guess
you guys are right.

It's the Greek accent.

That's Olympia Radio from Greece.. a radiotelephone relay service
oddly audible in these parts. She goes "hello from olympia radio call
us on..." then she gives ITU maritime channel numbers.

I have a QSL from two of these stations... the callsign for 6.507 is
SVO32.