Old April 23rd 04, 09:43 PM
N8KDV

Default Heroes On Board

You might wish to keep an ear on 11175 as I have heard here in the past
when flights into Dover AFB check in with a listing of the number of
people on board, if they are bringing in the bodies of fallen soldiers
they will also give an indication of the number of 'Heroes on Board'.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old April 24th 04, 01:08 AM
Macman

Good posting and God speed to our Heroes. Just tuned it in, quite active at
the moment.
Pilot describing cargo as one 'Alpha One' pallet.

Old April 24th 04, 04:08 AM
Tom Holden

N8KDV wrote:
You might wish to keep an ear on 11175 as I have heard
here in the past when flights into Dover AFB check in
with a listing of the number of people on board, if they
are bringing in the bodies of fallen soldiers they will
also give an indication of the number of 'Heroes on
Board'.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Just tuned to 11175 at 0300 UTC. Reciting phonetics with a 1/2 second echo -
double path?

Tom

Old April 24th 04, 11:12 AM
N8KDV

Tom Holden wrote:

N8KDV wrote:
You might wish to keep an ear on 11175 as I have heard
here in the past when flights into Dover AFB check in
with a listing of the number of people on board, if they
are bringing in the bodies of fallen soldiers they will
also give an indication of the number of 'Heroes on
Board'.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Just tuned to 11175 at 0300 UTC. Reciting phonetics with a 1/2 second echo -
double path?

Not very likely, though possible. A lot of times several transmitter sites are
brought up at the same time for the EAM's.

Old April 26th 04, 12:19 PM
GO BEARCATS

Just tuned to 11175 at 0300 UTC. Reciting phonetics with a 1/2 second echo -
double path?

Sideband Tom? What mode?

~*~*Monitoring The AirWaves~*~
*****GO BEARCATS*****
Hammarlund HQ129X /Heathkit Q Multiplier
Hammarlund HQ140X
Multiple GE P-780's(GREAT BCB Radios)
RCA Victor *Strato- World*
RCA Victor RJC77W-K(Walnut Grain)
1942 Zenith Wave Magnet 6G 601M
Cathedral/ Ross#2311/Rhapsody-MultiBand
DX100/394/398/399/402
OMGS Transistor Eight/Realistic 12-1451
Henry Kloss Model One/Bell+Howell
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alpha Delta DX Sloper 57ft.
600ft. 12AWG. (non-terminated)
120ft. 12 AWG Sloper
2 Radio Shack Loop Antennas
Radio Shack Amplified Antenna
30X30 DiamondLoop(six section 830pf Cap)
* Diamond Loop mounted to Lazy Susan TurnTable*
*21/2X2ft.FiveSpoked~Penta-Loop~PancakeLoop*

Old April 26th 04, 12:25 PM
N8KDV

GO BEARCATS wrote:

Just tuned to 11175 at 0300 UTC. Reciting phonetics with a 1/2 second echo -
double path?

Sideband Tom? What mode?

They generally use USB...

Scanner Bearcat 250 Help! Nick Scanner 6 September 27th 03 08:59 PM
WTB VOX board GT550 Dave Edwards Boatanchors 0 July 12th 03 12:43 AM
WTB VOX board GT550 Dave Edwards Equipment 0 July 12th 03 12:43 AM
WTB VOX board GT550 Dave Edwards Equipment 0 July 12th 03 12:43 AM